Proposal: Dowd for Kakko

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
OP is not a real fan or he would know that the Caps don't do Finns under any circumstance. You could offer Kaakko for a 7th round pick and they'd turn it down lol.

Dowd is gonna be a Goodrow to Tampa tier acquisition for somebody, possibly better since he is a slightly better player. Dowd + 4th for 1st from a contender is fair given that he's the type of deadline rental who actually makes an impact and would cost nothing cap wise, and would be there for 2 playoff runs. Otherwise keep him for a year and sell him for a 2nd at the next deadline.
You mean the Goodrow who is still younger than Dowd?

Reactions: bernmeister and tlk

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
a 4th liner doesn't get a recent 2nd overall pick. I don't care how good that 4th liner is and how poorly that 2nd overall pick is playing. It simply doesn't happen.
i mean he wasnt a 2nd ovr pick but 5th overall pick Olli Juolevi was traded for 2 AHL players (at the time) aroudn the same age Kappo is today.

If a recent 5th ovr pick can return 2 AHLers, a 2nd ovr player could return a 4th liner. Draft status means squat 5 years later

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
i mean he wasnt a 2nd ovr pick but 5th overall pick Olli Juolevi was traded for 2 AHL players (at the time) aroudn the same age Kappo is today.

If a recent 5th ovr pick can return 2 AHLers, a 2nd ovr player could return a 4th liner. Draft status means squat 5 years later

Juolevi has a total of 41 NHL games to his name. Kakko scored 40 points (37 at ES) LAST YEAR. There are zero similarities between the two situations.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas

Joulevi when he was traded had scored 38 points across two injury-riddled AHL seasons, and and 3 points in 23 games in the NHL. Total. As you said, was also a 5th overall instead of a 2nd. On top of that, many felt (correctly, in hindsight) that the pick should have been Matthew Tkachuk instead. In Kakko's case, he was the concensus #2 pick of his draft. Almost no one mainstream had anyone other than Hughes/Kakko as #1, #2. Kakko had almost as many points in the NHL last season than Joulevi had in his career at the time of the trade including his AHL production, across 3 seasons, and has substantially less concerns about his health. That's not a good comparison on many levels.

8To34

Feb 21, 2024
You mean the Goodrow who is still younger than Dowd?
yes, the Goodrow who is still younger than Dowd. No clue what that has to do with anything

Because they’re fans of the team that traded Forsberg for Erat.
And what a terrible decision that was, resulting in bringing in new management, Oshie, Niskanen, and the cup. They should be more like the Rangers who traded Buchnevich for Blais and got all that they did. Or the banger that was McDonagh AND JT Miller for... nothing

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Juolevi has a total of 41 NHL games to his name. Kakko scored 40 points (37 at ES) LAST YEAR. There are zero similarities between the two situations.
never compared kakko directly to Juloevi if you read what I quoted. I quoted someone saying there is no way a 2nd ovr pick gets traded for a 4th liner no matter how bad the 2nd ovr pick is. I just showed a 5th ovr pick get traded for less. So there is a world where it does and can happen if the 2nd ovr pick is bad enough

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
never compared kakko directly to Juloevi if you read what I quoted. I quoted someone saying there is no way a 2nd ovr pick gets traded for a 4th liner no matter how bad the 2nd ovr pick is. I just showed a 5th ovr pick get traded for less. So there is a world where it does and can happen if the 2nd ovr pick is bad enough

Since we're playing semantics, that other poster was specifically talking about 2nd overall picks. So your example of a 5th overall pick is totally irrelevant and the previous poster's point stands. :rolleyes:. Your comparison was ridiculous and not even close to Kakko's situation. Just own up to the lousy comparison.

So, how do Scandinavians send emergency messages?

A: Norse code!

ROFL!!!

(Um, this IS the jokes thread, isn't it?)
Why does Denmark, Norway, and Sweden's Navy all have QR codes on the sides of their ships?

A: So they can Scan da navy in!

Reactions: Ciao

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
This is it the worst trade proposal I have ever seen on here that was serious. Congrats! you did it.

1709577050208.jpeg

Unfortunately my own version of this award goes to the Tuch proposal right down the road yonder.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Since we're playing semantics, that other poster was specifically talking about 2nd overall picks. So your example of a 5th overall pick is totally irrelevant and the previous poster's point stands. :rolleyes:. Your comparison was ridiculous and not even close to Kakko's situation. Just own up to the lousy comparison.

Why does Denmark, Norway, and Sweden's Navy all have QR codes on the sides of their ships?

A: So they can Scan da navy in!
a 5th overall pick is pretty close to a 2nd overall pick. Would you be happier if I said Nolan Patrick was traded for a 4th liner in Cody Glass instead? I would say thats a worse comparable given there was a major injury concern on Patrick where he may never even play again, it wasnt because he was that bad.

My point was if the player is bad enough, it doesnt matter if they were a 5th ovr pick or a 2nd ovr pick or a 1st ovr pick, they'll be traded if a team thinks the player they get back will help more, even if its a 4th liner.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pass.

I don't like Kakko, and would rather have a draft pick coming back.

This doesn't seem like a good deal for Rangers, either.

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
If you feel the need to argue over pointless things in the internet, i feel sorry for you.

Take care.

You can't be so sensitive. This is a discussion board, not everybody will agree with your point of view or mine. Just laugh it off!

And for the record, I wasn't arguing with you, I was agreeing with your point about it not being a good deal for the Rangers. :D

Reactions: tlk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Pass.

I don't like Kakko, and would rather have a draft pick coming back.

This doesn't seem like a good deal for Rangers, either.

:laugh:

I spit my coffee out.

A 33 year old, who has averaged about 18 points a season. Don't worry, nobody is giving you anything close to that anyway. Enjoy the 4th round pick.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
:laugh:

I spit my coffee out.

A 33 year old, who has averaged about 18 points a season. Don't worry, nobody is giving you anything close to that anyway. Enjoy the 4th round pick.

Sensitive.

Can you do the math on Kakko's projected points next?

Hint: It's not quite 18 for the season.

I'll enjoy whatever pick we get for the center we acquired for free. Enjoy your 2nd overall pick in his D+5 season.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Sensitive.

Can you do the math on Kakko's projected points next?

Hint: It's not quite 18 for the season.

I'll enjoy whatever pick we get for the center we acquired for free. Enjoy your 2nd overall pick in his D+5 season.
He had 40 last season as 22 year old. How many points has Dowd had in his season high lol.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Not sure I've ever seen an OP receive 22 emojis and all of them are laughing emojis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad