Dougie Hamilton - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Weber, Subban, Karlsson, Myers, Pietrangelo, Suter, Hedman, Ekman-Larsson, Vlasic, Burns, Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Josi, Faulk, Ekblad, Seabrook, Erik Johnson, Fowler, Phaneuf, Leddy, Jack Johnson, Lindholm, Russell, Edler, Carle, Jones, Bogosian, Trouba, Demers, Hamonic, Maatta, Staal

There is a ton of wrong in this post.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Because he has a plethora of better options and top defensemen come a dime a dozen. I get it.

We could totally just scan the market this offseason and pick up another 21 year old 6'6" smooth skating defenseman that snipes wrist shots high glove. Derr.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Showed some balls, I love the tenacity. Good first career bout. Chara must have been proud.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
The one thing that has been missing from his game is a nasty streak, glad we got to see a peek of it last night. Obviously he's too valubale to be spending 5 mins a night in the box, but it's good to know he can get mad. I'd just like to see it as more than the end result of a missed penalty.

acr*

Good for Dougie; I'm glad to see him do this. Needs to happen with a bit more frequency. If he could get to a place where he would do this 2-4 times a year, I would be happy. I think it would help his game overall if he developed a mean streak. He is capable physically and just needs to find a comfort level.

Landeskog needs to stop with his fleeting moments of toughness. He is not that kind of player and doesn't need to act like it. He wouldn't have gone here if the Douglas didn't get the gloves off and make him. Remember him looking like a scared child last year when Lucic was pissed at him? He doesn't have to fight, but he should if he is going to agitate and engage after the whistles. I don't have a lot of respect for him as it is. Great player though.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I remember Thornton taught Seguin how to fight in case he ever did... Unlike him Dougie might actually need to know.

He's good friends with McQuaid and I think they live together. Didn't do terrible for his first fight, Landeskog is a tough guy, but you could tell it was his first. Wonder if he could show him the ropes.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Maybe Peter can acquire Freddie for cheap? I remember they both used to kind of get into the scrappy stuff together.

Does anyone know if the kid projects to a bottom 6er?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
For those wanting to trade hamilton see how well that idea worked for hartford when they got rid of that bum chris pronger and of course florida did great when they moved ed jovanovski when he was shaky as a kid. Even calgary made out like bandits moving phaneuf right?

I think back to our own brad mccrimmon deal and can only wonder if he might be the difference einming a cup playing with borque for 15 plus years on what would have probably been the best defense in the nhl witb wesley 3rd on depth chart.

Im not saying hamilton is unmovable but even if it was a brenden shanahan or a pavel bure coming back, i personally would think very hard before moving a kid this young with this much potential

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
So, any estimates on his next contract? Will he sign during the season or will PC be too busy trying to save his ass making trades for the next month to get it done?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No , just stop being pushed off the puck by much smaller players and maybe show a pulse when you get pushed around in front of your net. Lets start there.

Great offensive skills no doubt , defensively he has a very long way to go.

This.

Trade him right now if you have stupid expectations that Hamilton will become a bonifide #1. It aint going to happen.

I'd love to trade Bergeron or Hamilton just because they are so seriously overrated by our fans that moving either might bring enough talent back to make up for the awful Boychuk and Seguin trades those 2 would both bring back star talent.

You will get plenty of points from him for a second pairing D man and if hes next to a defensively responsible player he will be fine but he is not a #1 and yes hes soft as a marshmellow we don't need him to fight just to show a similar level of grit to guys like Seids and Boychuk.

Just because hes 6-5 and can skate extremely well and will put up plenty of points and stay in the league for 20 years doesn't make him a #1.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
So, any estimates on his next contract? Will he sign during the season or will PC be too busy trying to save his ass making trades for the next month to get it done?

He's an RFA, I'd bet he won't sign until summer and he'll get a bridge. 3-3.5ish for 2-3 years is my bet. Then he'll get a huge raise after that. Remember he has pretty much no leverage so he'll get what Chia gives him. If he wants to give him a 4-5m contract over 4-6 years and hope for a home run that's up to him, but I'd stick with a bridge.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He's an RFA, I'd bet he won't sign until summer and he'll get a bridge. 3-3.5ish for 2-3 years is my bet. Then he'll get a huge raise after that. Remember he has pretty much no leverage so he'll get what Chia gives him. If he wants to give him a 4-5m contract over 4-6 years and hope for a home run that's up to him, but I'd stick with a bridge.

With so little cap room and Hamilton so young I think he takes a 1 year deal. PC won't be too stingy and Hamilton gets the chance to earn a raise quickly with good play.

Don't think it will be a problem right now.

Hamilton is 6-5, a top 10 pick, and puts up points. Hes going to earn a lot of money one way or another I really hope the defensive game can come along quickly to keep up with it. You might be paying 7 mil for a 2nd pairing guy in 4 years though if he doesn't make major improvements to his all around game. Great skater and still young however.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The kids finally starting to get some grit going. Going toe to toe with Landeskog. Challenging Goligoski after his hip check (not the toughest customer to send an invitation to, but he did stick up for his teammate which makes him a O.K in my book. And on top of all of that, his play is progressing.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I won't hold my breathe on chia making the right move on this one, like he should have done with seguin

Though better hockey/cap minds than me, and there are certainly plenty, might say signing him for more on a long term deal is the better move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad