Dorion Presser - April 12,18

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Apparently Sens have discussed with more than one player that they could be bought out before the start of next year. Not sure if this has been discussed before, but could be good news to let some of our younger guys play (apparently also a focus of PD).

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I really dont care for Dorion's "presence"
The only time he seems remotely comfortable is when hes talking about scouting.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
on now (Sens FB feed )

said something along the lines of "If the coach comes back we will be playing younger players more and practicing more.. if I hear 'Rest as a Weapon' I will scream"

Idk why he wouldn't just wait until they've made a decision to have a presser about this.
Boucher probably coming back then

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Interesting... apparently the team got an email from the league saying they can't discuss a future contract on Karlsson with the media.

Lol. I'm sure the league (and fans) wouldn't complain if they had just ensured that we'd sign him or that we'd give our best effort and left it at that.
They need to shut their big f***ing mouths

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
boy, sounds like they really 'challenged' the shit out of Hoffman....lol

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Lol. I'm sure the league (and fans) wouldn't complain if they had just ensured that we'd sign him or that we'd give our best effort and left it at that.
They need to shut their big ****ing mouths
I get that perspective, but I think I can understand the league's position, too. Negotations theoretically aren't supposed to start until July 1, but announcing how many years and how many dollars will be thrown at him falls dangerously close to that. Nothing wrong with making general statements, but the specifics – which, unfortunately, seem to be the potential sticking point – are what everyone wants to know.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What Dallas offered we couldn't match

Dallas acquired the 32-year-old Methot from the Vegas Golden Knights on Monday for goaltending prospect Dylan Ferguson (2017 7th round pick 194 overall) and a 2020 second-round pick.

Reactions: DrEasy and Deku

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
"Chaplik"

Can't stand it when he mispronounces his own players names. Fourth or fifth player he has done this with.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We tried to re-acquire Methot from Vegas but "couldn't match what they got... what Dallas offered."

So... you mean the price for Ottawa to reacquire him after the expansion draft wasn't a 1st round pick + as some suggested and LV wasn't refusing to deal with us out of spite? We just didn't want to give up the equivalent of a 2nd round pick and a recently drafted 7th rounder? I'm shocked.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Someone finally had the balls to ask dorion if he would draft a Russian. He said yes and he would make an exception to the rule if a Russian is the best player available this year.

..... why the f*** is there a rule?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Someone finally had the balls to ask dorion if he would draft a Russian. He said yes and he would make an exception to the rule if a Russian is the best player available this year.

..... why the **** is there a rule?

wth... there's a rule and they've now admitted it? Hold your cards a little closer to your chest Dorion... I know we all like transparency, but in this case a simple, yes, we'll draft the best player available would have been fine.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Kinda sounds like they're waiting to see what coaches become available more than they are spending the next two months evaluating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad