Donuts GM Game v.1.0 (Dispersal Draft Thread)

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
There needs to be a clear definition of what "skipped" means here, otherwise the draft order will be completely screwed up. Shouldn't it be that if you miss your pick, you forfeit the pick and don't pick again until the next round? Isn't that what skipped means?

Ok, I know I'm not the commish but we've done several of these before it's very simple and doesn't mess with the order.

Donut got "skipped" therefor the table would look like:

Buffalo : Toews
Washington : Skipped
Nashville : Doughty

He then makes his pick later on, the table is now:

Washington : Datsyuk

See, the order isn't affected he just chose after Nashville..

The whole idea of forfeiting would just ruin teams lol.. "Forfeiting" a top 10 player in the league would not be fun..

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Ok, I know I'm not the commish but we've done several of these before it's very simple and doesn't mess with the order.

Donut got "skipped" therefor the table would look like:

Washington : Skipped

He then makes his pick later on, the table is now:

Washington : Datsyuk

See, the order isn't affected he just chose after Nashville..

The whole idea of forfeiting would just ruin teams lol.. "Forfeiting" a top 10 player in the league would not be fun..

Ok, that's fair. Just wanted to clear that up. I agree that having to forfeit your pick would suck. Still, it clearly makes things kind of complicated. People seem to be very confused about who's on the clock right now.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Thats how i understood it as well PIG... otherwise would be labeled forfeited not skipped, you just drop in the draft until your back not lose the pick.

Ok, that's fair. Just wanted to clear that up. I agree that having to forfeit your pick would suck. Still, it clearly makes things kind of complicated. People seem to be very confused about who's on the clock right now.

TML are on clock until 9:23 EST

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...

Yea I can see why it's confusing, Once we get into the draft a few rounds it should be smooth.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
X| Round 1 ||X| Round 2 ||X| Round 3 |
Pick | Team | Player | Pick | Team | Player | Pick | Team | Player
1| Florida Panthers |Sidney Crosby|17| Minnesota Wild |Jonathan Quick|33| Florida Panthers |
2| Montreal Canadiens |Steven Stamkos|18| Colorado Avalanche |Patrick Kane|34| Montreal Canadiens |
3| Winnipeg Jets |Evgeni Malkin|19| St Louis Blues |Corey Perry|35| Winnipeg Jets |
4| New York Rangers |Ryan Getzlaf|20| San Jose Sharks |Victor Hedman|36| New York Rangers |
5| Columbus Blue Jackets |Erik Karlsson|21| Dallas Stars |Taylor Hall|37| Columbus Blue Jackets |
6| Buffalo Sabres |Jonathan Toews|22| Phoenix Coyotes |Milan Lucic|38| Buffalo Sabres |
7| Washington Capitals |Pavel Datsyuk|23| Toronto Maple Leafs | MISSED |39| Washington Capitals |
8| Nashville Predators |Drew Doughty|24| New York Islanders |Niklas Kronwall|40| Nashville Predators |
9| New York Islanders |Henrik Zetterberg|25| Nashville Predators |Joe Thornton|41| New York Islanders |
10| Toronto Maple Leafs | MISSED |26| Washington Capitals ||42| Toronto Maple Leafs |
11| Phoenix Coyotes |Anze Kopitar|27| Buffalo Sabres ||43| Phoenix Coyotes |
12| Dallas Stars |Duncan Keith|28| Columbus Blue Jackets ||44| Dallas Stars |
13| San Jose Sharks |Tuukka Rask|29| New York Rangers ||45| San Jose Sharks |
14| St Louis Blues |Claude Giroux|30| Winnipeg Jets ||46| St Louis Blues |
15| Colorado Avalanche |Zdeno Chara|31| Montreal Canadiens ||47| Colorado Avalanche |
16| Minnesota Wild |Patrice Bergeron|32| Florida Panthers ||48| Minnesota Wild |

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
TML skipped

:coyotes

are happy to select Anze Kopitar.

Thrilled to add a stud #1 center to the mix :handclap: :handclap:

will PM next GM right away.

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
The Dallas Stars are thrilled to select defense man Duncan Keith.
82334441.jpg
stanley-cup-winner-Duncan-Keith-named-to-Team-Canada-olympics.jpg

We needed a #1 defense man in Dallas and Keith is just that.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
:coyotes

Well since PIG sniped me, i'm gonna add a stud power forward and select Milan Lucic.

EDIT: I'm a dummy and cant read.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad