Donut Fantasy GM Game v.1.0 Sign-Up + Discussion

donut

Sep 5, 2012
2014-15 Fantasy GM Game
Discussion + Sign Up Thread

Welcome everyone. This GM Game will be a Fantasy GM Game. You are the GM of the NHL team of your choice and will be responsible to draft the best playoff ready team to your ability from scratch. To join the game, PM me that you are interested and include the logo of the team you want first come first serve and once there are enough GMs onboard, we will begin. I will be updating the OP as people message me. <<< Please read the entire OP before joining to ensure that you understand ALL the rules.

Posting in this thread that you want to join or that you’re interested will not guarantee you a spot. To confirm a spot, you MUST PM me.

[FIELDSET="Game Rules & Information"]

[FIELDSET="Links"][/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start: when we have 16 gms
  • Draft Start Date:
  • Standings Voting:
  • Cup Finals:
All times are PST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $85,000,000M
  • We will be using 2014-15 Cap hits. For UFAs/RFAs use their 2013-14 cap hit
  • The rookies selected in the final 5 rounds will NOT count towards your cap for obvious reasons.
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at ALL times
  • Use Fantasy Calculator to calculate your Team's Cap.
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="General Game Rules"]
  • The Salary Cap will be set at $85M for the 2014-15 season. All UFA/RFA contracts will be based off their 2013-14 cap-hit (check capgeek.com).
  • The salary cap will be calculated on a "total cap-hit" basis rather than the more complex daily cap-hit system the NHL employs. All GMs will be expected to manage their team's financials on the roster thread throughout the entirety of the game.
  • All real-life NTC's and other contract clauses will be ignored. The yearly cap-hit of the player is all we will take into consideration.
  • You can pick your own team name for this draft
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Fantasy Draft Rules"]
  • The Fantasy Draft will consist of 25 rounds. (Final 5 rounds are for ROOKIES only (Read below for more details))
  • Draft order will be determined by random via random.org after all 16 GMs are set.
  • We will be drafting from players IN the NHL. (No Kovelchuk, Redulov, etc)
  • The draft clock will run from 12PM-9PM PST (3PM-12AM EST). During this time you will have the designated time, starting from the time the pick prior to yours was posted, to make your selection. Picks can still be made after the clock is frozen.
  • GMs are expected to PM the commissioner (me) a proxy list if they think they will not be here at the time of their pick. Proxy list are encouraged regardless, just in-case something comes up and you can't make your pick in time. (Proxy list will not be opened until your pick).
  • GMs who fail to make their selection within their time-frame will be skipped. If the GM does not come on to make their next pick after the first skipped pick, they will be autoed-skipped.
  • Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.

• Round 1 - 8 : 2 hours/pick
  • Round 9 - 15: 1 hour/pick
  • Round 16 - 25: 30 minutes/pick

• Update on Draft: There will be 5 more rounds ADDED to the original 20 rounds making it a total of 25 rounds. The final 5 rounds are rookies ONLY (must have less than 10 games in the NHL prior to the start of the 2013-14 season). Teams CAN rebuild if they want but TBH, with only 16 GMs and this being a Re-Draft, I don't see why anyone would.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Rosters"]
  • GMs are responsible for keeping their rosters updated at all times
  • If you are caught not updating your roster then that is a sign of being inactive
  • A New Rule in this game will be that all GMs must post their team's complete cap information. Just posting a lineup with just the players names will not cut it.
  • Capgeek has plenty of information that will help you.
  • I don’t expect everyone to update their roster after every single pick but will ask to have them updated at least every 3-5 picks.
  • If your team exceeds the cap, your team will be automatically DQed from draft in the remaining rounds and not be eligible for voting.
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades DO NOT have to be sent in
  • There will be NO NTC/NMCs during this game
  • All deals must be confirmed by both parties before they are official. However the league does have the right to reject the trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • When you make trades, the team trading must acquire the same amount of picks/players they trade. (ie. 1-for-1, 2-for-2, etc.)
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= New Voting System (stolen from HYD's game)]
Everybody knows that just because a team is better on paper doesn't mean it will win the cup. In our games, the best team on paper wins. Period. What if that didn't happen? Upsets are commonplace in hockey and all other competition in the world. In this game, we will vote normally for the regular season, and the method of playoff voting will not change. However:

Say Team A wins voting 6-2 over Team B. Instead if an instant win for Team A, the voting results will go into random.org list randomizer.

Whichever team is randomized to the top of the list win the series, try it out: https://www.random.org/lists/

I did it and the team that won voting got the victory, so no upset happened, but there will always be a chance! This also eliminates the tie problem we have.​
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="NEW RULES"]
:nhl NEW RULES

1) The clock will be 1-hr for rounds 1-15. Rounds 16-25 will be a 30 min clock.
2) If your roster is not updated with players AND cap info every 3 rounds, you will be auto-skipped.
3) If you have a pick that starts with less than an hour before the clock is off, you must make your selection BEFORE the clock starts the following day.
4) Any back-to-back picks will ONLY be a 1-hour clock.
5) People who send in list, love you!

6) If you have been previously skipped, you will only have a 30 min clock for the rest of the draft.
[/FIELDSET]

[/FIELDSET]

General Managers
User|Team Name
|:jets
GFS
|:panthers
|:avs
|:rangers
|:caps
|:nucks
|:pens
NH57
|:blues
|:flames
|:flyers
|:bolts
|:wings
|:sabres
|:habs
|:kings
|:sharks

:nhl

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just a suggestion to spice up trading, we should have a KLLR cup. It allows teams who decide to compete for this cup to take the BPA for the first couple rounds to move these players for future assets ie team drafts Malkin but decides to rebuild so trades them for Mackinnon + Yakupov++

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Just a suggestion to spice up trading, we should have a KLLR cup. It allows teams who decide to compete for this cup to take the BPA for the first couple rounds to move these players for future assets ie team drafts Malkin but decides to rebuild so trades them for Mackinnon + Yakupov++

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of whether to add 5-10 more rounds to draft rookies ONLY which allows people more assets for trading. Problem is, I felt activity for the draft may die a bit by then or no one wants to rebuild. If other people seem interested in this, I'll add it.

Learn to read the OP or else don't play the game.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking of whether to add 5-10 more rounds to draft rookies ONLY which allows people more assets for trading. Problem is, I felt activity for the draft may die a bit by then or no one wants to rebuild. If other people seem interested in this, I'll add it.

Learn to read the OP or else don't play the game.

I dont see a rule saying we cant claim teams

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I dont see a rule saying we cant claim teams

"Posting in this thread that you want to join or that you’re interested will not guarantee you a spot. To confirm a spot, you MUST PM me." I don't get why a simple PM is so difficult for some people...

donut

Sep 5, 2012

There will be 5 more rounds ADDED to the original 20 rounds making it a total of 25 rounds. The final 5 rounds are rookies ONLY (must have less than 10 games in the NHL prior to the start of the 2013-14 season). Teams CAN rebuild if they want but TBH, with only 16 GMs and this being a Re-Draft, I don't see why anyone would.

-------------------------------------

If 3 more guys join, we might start the draft right away. (The clock won't start till tomorrow to be fair to the GMs offline) but if we get thru all 16 picks in the 1st round this afternoon, the clock will officially start.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I'm guessing for the draft u will put it in the randomizer and that's the order we go from.

May I suggest every 5 rounds like in HYD game we flip the order of drafting

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm guessing for the draft u will put it in the randomizer and that's the order we go from.

May I suggest every 5 rounds like in HYD game we flip the order of drafting

It will be a snake draft via the list randomizer.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
:sharks Ready and willing if there's room. SUGGESTON: Have two conferences to make ranking easier later on (8 teams per conference make the playoffs!!). It works if Detroit is in the West, like it used to be.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:sharks Ready and willing if there's room. SUGGESTON: Have two conferences to make ranking easier later on (8 teams per conference make the playoffs!!). It works if Detroit is in the West, like it used to be.

Welcome back VanIslander! You get the last spot which means we can start!
>> thanks for the suggestion, I think we might actually do that

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
The :nucks would like to announce donghabs98 as their assistant, kind of a Laurence Gilman capologist type job, at a rate of two oreo cookies per hour.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
How Ya Drouin said:
... at a rate of two oreo cookies per hour...
... flowin' through an IV drip. :laugh:

Welcome back VanIslander! You get the last spot which means we can start!
>> thanks for the suggestion, I think we might actually do that
Thanks. Looking forward to it!

Draft order will be determined by random via random.org after all 16 GMs are set.
Bring it on!

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Draft Order:

1 - HankTheTankYoLo
2 - Flyerss
3 - GFS
4 - How Ya Drouin
5 - PriceIsGod
6 - DonutLee
7 - VanIslander
8 - Datsyuk4Selke
9 - Koivu777
10 - 33
11 - DecimatedHD
12 - Canadian Canuck
13 - showjaxx
14 - NH57
15 - Cucumber
16 - trick9

-------------------------------

Try to keep most of the discussion in this thread or in the unknown place. Trading is open as well as the draft. Clock will not start until 3PM EST tomorrow (March 24)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad