Don't you hate it when you go play pickup hockey and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
I am a goaltender but whenever I play roady and there is only one goaltender it really takes alot of the fun out of it (when I am a shooter).

IkeaMonkey*

I guess it doesnt take the fun out of posts because Ive never gone to pick up and seen ONE goalie there :(

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Accord said:
Don't you hate it when you go play pickup hockey and one or both goalies don't show up and you've got to resort to flipping the goal over? Ahhh.

I hate that more then anything. Even the post game isnt that much fun...goalies make it so much better.

Prubab

Nov 25, 2004
LI
I can play player and goalie so i always have to suit up when there arent enough goalies.And i came here to play hockey not goalie.IT is really a pain in the butt

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i used to play pickup at denver univ., and it was so popular you had to have a pass and call in advance. same for goalies though, and they only allowed 2 goalies to sign up. 2 goalies would sign up first thing in the morning for a night time session and sometimes for a couple weeks in a row you would have 10 on 10 with only one goalie because the jerk who took the spot away from everyone at 7 am didnt show up. that was reaaly annoying, since ten other guys would have loved to have come if whoever had just called and said he wasnt going to make it.

the shooter tutor is the hardest goalie ive ever played against ;)

Prubab

Nov 25, 2004
LI
bleedgreen said:
i used to play pickup at denver univ., and it was so popular you had to have a pass and call in advance. same for goalies though, and they only allowed 2 goalies to sign up. 2 goalies would sign up first thing in the morning for a night time session and sometimes for a couple weeks in a row you would have 10 on 10 with only one goalie because the jerk who took the spot away from everyone at 7 am didnt show up. that was reaaly annoying, since ten other guys would have loved to have come if whoever had just called and said he wasnt going to make it.

the shooter tutor is the hardest goalie ive ever played against ;)

i use that every once in a while.It helps sharp shooting

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
RiChTeRrOcKs35 said:
I can play player and goalie so i always have to suit up when there arent enough goalies.And i came here to play hockey not goalie.IT is really a pain in the butt

Exactly! When I show up there ready to school everyone and score some goals, I don't want to suddenly find out that I have to forget about that now and just stand there stopping shots. When I want to play goalie, I'm ready to shut everyone down, but when I'm just in the mood to skate by everybody and fire the ball by the goalie and into the net, I want to do just that. :mad: :D

canadahockeygirl*

I don't know, there are some nights that I think the shooter tutor would be a much better goalie than me :)

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
Get with the times.

The new thing is LeGolie... http://www.legolie.net/

Didn't you see the big disclaimers??? You cannot use real pucks with LeGoalie. If you do, it'll explode like the Hindenburg. What good is a practice goalie if it can't take a puck.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Icer said:
Didn't you see the big disclaimers??? You cannot use real pucks with LeGoalie. If you do, it'll explode like the Hindenburg. What good is a practice goalie if it can't take a puck.

Hahaha, what a waste of money then. It is a pretty cool concept though.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Tricolore#20 said:
Hahaha, what a waste of money then. It is a pretty cool concept though.

Its stupid...it randomly moves around...so when its on the right side of the net the whole left side is open....they have to take it to the next step...have a little sensor thing you put onto a puck(a REAL puck..not a junky one...so remake the goalie to withstand a regular hockey puck) so the goalie knows where the puck is and can take the angle of the shot...that way it would be much harder...but thats another 5-10 years away.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Its stupid...it randomly moves around...so when its on the right side of the net the whole left side is open....they have to take it to the next step...have a little sensor thing you put onto a puck(a REAL puck..not a junky one...so remake the goalie to withstand a regular hockey puck) so the goalie knows where the puck is and can take the angle of the shot...that way it would be much harder...but thats another 5-10 years away.
It's got a remote control so someone sitting on the bench or something would be able to control it, pretty cool. Check out the TV commercial for it, it's hilarious, lol: http://www.legolie.net/movies/LeGolie_CTC_DSL.wmv

Even though you can't use rubber pucks, you can still use those plastic roller hockey pucks so it would be perfect for roller hockey.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
canadahockeygirl said:
I don't know, there are some nights that I think the shooter tutor would be a much better goalie than me :)

First of all, as an MIT grad who played one season for the varsity hockey team(after years of playing B-league intramural games), I love your avatar. As for playing pickup with one goalie, I've seen it all: the shooter tutor, flipping the net over and shooting into the top(no "ding" allowed), or simply hitting the post(the "ding" is the thing). While the shooter tutor is good for what it says it does, it usually covers the goal too loosely. What's needed is either a small net that fits onto the piping or a tutor-type device that leaves, say, only the extreme upper corners to put a puck in.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Terrier said:
First of all, as an MIT grad who played one season for the varsity hockey team(after years of playing B-league intramural games), I love your avatar. As for playing pickup with one goalie, I've seen it all: the shooter tutor, flipping the net over and shooting into the top(no "ding" allowed), or simply hitting the post(the "ding" is the thing). While the shooter tutor is good for what it says it does, it usually covers the goal too loosely. What's needed is either a small net that fits onto the piping or a tutor-type device that leaves, say, only the extreme upper corners to put a puck in.

or, just having the goalies show up. Christ, they usually don't even have to pay for the pickup skate - c'mon, all you goalies out there.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
predhead1 said:
or, just having the goalies show up. Christ, they usually don't even have to pay for the pickup skate - c'mon, all you goalies out there.
My local rink lets all goalies player for free during pickup, yet they still rarely ever show up.

hotgoalie11565

Jun 5, 2004
Farmington, Minnesota
From a goalie's standpoint, the only thing worse than one goalie is too many goalies. I have been in situations where there would be four goalies suited up. So we would have to switch every 10 minutes. I hate doing that because I can't get into a good mental groove.

canadahockeygirl*

I think that only one goalie is worse than too many. When I'm playing against the net or the shooter tutor, I don't take it seriously. If there's another goalie in there, I at least can set up a competition against him for saves. I have a hard time staying focused when i'm the only one since I know I'm doing better than an open net.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I play pick-up on Long Island and it's always feast or famine. I had one lunch hockey at the Rinx where it was 6 skaters and 5 goalies. We made the goalies play D in full equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad