OT: Don't **** with Kyle Clifford

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
The Big Team doesn't want Kyle Clifford playing up here. We still need to have Matty dummied again in the playoffs, our goalkeepers stood over and taunted again, our captain ragdolled again, Lilly slewfooted into serious injury again, Knies attacked and injured again, and every other demeaning liberty the derisively laughing opposition wants to take.

It's integral and unique to the Shanaplan. No other team has ever tried this!

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
The Big Team doesn't want Kyle Clifford playing up here. We still need to have Matty dummied again in the playoffs, our goalkeepers stood over and taunted again, our captain ragdolled again, Lilly slewfooted into serious injury again, Knies attacked and injured again, and every other demeaning liberty the derisively laughing opposition wants to take.

Way too many big words for a lot of people on this board unfortunately lmao.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
If Clifford could just skate a bit better then I think you take him over Reaves. Clifford has more sincerity and authenticity in his physicality, which is what we really need. Reaves has grown on me a bit but his value on the ice is more of the staged fight enforcer than the defender of our team.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Context helps

1710241844251.png

lol

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I've learned the hard way that, whatever your protestations, there's no real difference between pooping yourself a little or a lot :(
It's the difference between a shart and a shit. Some skidmarks or a nugget. You'll walk funny either way but the latter will have a lasting psychological impact.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
W

While I would like to agree, Reeves has a more robust rep as a heavyweight enforcer. The Leafs could still call up Clifford for an apocalyptic option but he would play sparingly and solely for seek and destroy missions.

Reactions: Blanka

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
What a weasel. I don’t understand how players today think they can mouth off and then not have to pay the consequences. I’ve never seen a player turtle so quickly. A few years ago he would have been an embarrassment to the team but here he was skating around with a smile on his face afterwords like he was proud of himself. Pathetic.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
When you have a really soft core you need to compensate throughout the lineup. Someone needs to wear down other teams D.

I know it won't happen, but imagine him and Reaves on a line? I didn't agree with Keefes decision to take him and Simmonds out two years ago against TB. Yeah a bad penalty, but Leafs killed it off in one of the best penalty kills I've seen AND the crowd was into it which lead the team to a dominant victory and the momentum.

Next game he takes them both out.

I wonder if Keefe is so risk adverse that he has lost some of the intangibles that tough checkers bring that cause the rest of his team grow to a few inches. This can't be the reason, but, some imperfect, character players are vital to a teams success in the playoffs.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
From the video it looks like he was just skating past the Leafs bench when something was said to him, at which point he stopped and became agitated.

I have no problem with Clifford responding the way he did, but I'd be interested in knowing who on the Marlies bench said what.

If it was Clifford, then Duszak should either not have acted like he wanted to fight, or actually stood up.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Interesting to hear that Duszak big timed the Marlies a couple of years ago. Quite the move for a guy this close to having to get a regular job.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Or then skating back towards the bench like you're a tough guy only to turtle like a little bitch

And then smiling at the end. What a pathetic little punk bitch.

Message delivered. Lesson learned unless he’s a complete asshat, which is always a distinct possibility.

That none of his teammates came to the rescue speaks volumes on how he’s regarded on his team.

Lesson wasn't learned...look at him smiling at the end of the video.

Reactions: MarMarSab3

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
And then smiling at the end. What a pathetic little punk bitch.

Lesson wasn't learned...look at him smiling at the end of the video.
Stupid is as stupid does….

Hoping for his sake the message was received and he skated off smiling because he didn’t want to be so obviously schooled.

Otherwise one of the team veterans need to sit him down a la Messier with Domi.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Imagine Tie Domi, Clifford and Rielly on the ice, the other team would just immediately skate to the bench after any goal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00