Pre-Game Talk: Don't Open This Thread

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Is Skinner starting tonight ?

Nuge on the third line does make sense because Knoblauch said they're experimenting line combos for the playoffs and we need depth scoring.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Apparently "south asians" equate to just Sikhs/Pujnabis from India.

When in reality they aren't even 5% of South Asians. 90%+ of South Asians never wear turbans.
I've always associated the term of "south asian" as Polyneisian, Phillipino, Indonesian, Thai , Viet and similar.
Sikh and Punjabi as Indian . We do have a large demographic here, it'd be nice for them to have a night of their own. I think it'd be a good way to go. Team knocked it out of the park with Black Culture and Chinese New Year. Only a handful of nights a year for cultural so why not.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
IMG_6816.jpeg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I've always associated the term of "south asian" as Polyneisian, Phillipino, Indonesian, Thai , Viet and similar.
Sikh and Punjabi as Indian . We do have a large demographic here, it'd be nice for them to have a night of their own. I think it'd be a good way to go. Team knocked it out of the park with Black Culture and Chinese New Year. Only a handful of nights a year for cultural so why not.
South aisans vs South East Asians.

South Asians are typically from the Indian subcontinent which aren't the oriental nations. Even then sikhs/Punjabis are less than 1% of Indian subcontinent population and aren't treated too well as a minority in India. We sure have a large population of that group here.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad