Don't Hate the Drake: Drake Batherson selected in 4th round (121)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bad pick.

Keep the hot takes coming!

He is definitely the prospect that I am most excited about. I hope he gets the Stone development path, they seem to have similar career patterns at this age. Big body RW, with a fantastic shot and release that is a late bloomer. No better players to train with too.

A full season in the AHL playing first line minutes will be fantastic for his development.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Certainly looks thick out there, can't wait to see these kids play

I know it is easier when young but man...that still seems like a lot of weight over a Summer?

Wonder how it impacts his speed - guess if a lot of the weight is lower body it could improve it with more muscle.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I know it is easier when young but man...that still seems like a lot of weight over a Summer?

Wonder how it impacts his speed - guess if a lot of the weight is lower body it could improve it with more muscle.

I would think he gained it in the right places!

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Yes I wasn't insinuating that he was fat but still - that's a lot of mass in a short time!

Love this kid so hoping it just makes him even more dangerous...hanging with Sid, Nate and Ratface has to be good for your development too.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Keep the hot takes coming!

He is definitely the prospect that I am most excited about. I hope he gets the Stone development path, they seem to have similar career patterns at this age. Big body RW, with a fantastic shot and release that is a late bloomer. No better players to train with too.

A full season in the AHL playing first line minutes will be fantastic for his development.

Good post except for the cherry-picking of a post from 2 years ago.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Batherson is one of my favourite forward prospects in a long time.

Dude is a highlight reel.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He's like a mix of Mark Stone and Bobby Ryan.

The hands of Bobby the engine of Mark.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'll admit that I'm more bearish on him than most around here, but I've seen some clips of him training with Crosby and MacKinnon. He looks like he's made some steps, excited to see how he looks at camp!

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Baths are fun.

The fact that he was training with Crosby, MacKinnon, and Marchand all summer is awesome for his development. Picking their brains and learning from them is an invaluable experience. I'm guessing one thing he took away is how strong Sid is with his lower half and how amazing his edgework is to protect the puck and get around defenders.

I honestly think a few years from now we'll all be wondering how The Drake fell to the 4th round.

Last edited:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
was just reading our prospect rankings

1) Batherson
2) Batherson
3) Batherson
4) Batherson
5) Batherson

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I didn’t know much about Drake but if he’s training with Crosby Mackinnon and Marchand that’s an extremely good sign. This kid is going to be amazing. There really is hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad