Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
It's glorious how salty people get when he says Canadians are the best.

:popcorn:

Cherry didn't specifically rip the tosser because he didn't need to in order to make his point.
I'm a Canadian, and we're not the BEST. No nationality is the best.

I'm tired of the conflation of sports and nationalism.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I'm a Canadian, and we're not the BEST. No nationality is the best.

I'm tired of the conflation of sports and nationalism.

What's wrong with saying that we're the best this year at this sport as measured by the 3 games in the Tournament round?

Nothing untrue about it.

It's also true that many nations are awesome at this sport. And it's true that no one outside of the countries involved even cares. And it's probably true that within some of the countries involved, no one cares either.

Don't see an issue with acknowledging the big picture.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Cringe worthy segment there, but gets my approval because he said it would take the Leafs to give up Marner or Brown to get Gudbradson. :laugh::laugh:
Yeah, I don't think he could have said anything crazier. I said to my dad who I was watching the game with, Vancouver fans would be happy if they could get a 2nd.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LOL at Don Cherry saying Marner will be the cost to acquire Gubranson. If he said an outrageous comment like that involving another Canadian team the fans would go crazy.
But he overrates Leaf players, right non -Leaf fans?

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
LOL at Don Cherry saying Marner will be the cost to acquire Gubranson. If he said an outrageous comment like that involving another Canadian team the fans would go crazy.
But he overrates Leaf players, right non -Leaf fans?
You guys are all idiots. He meant that’s what Van would want in exchange for Gudbranson.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You guys are all idiots. He meant that’s what Van would want in exchange for Gudbranson.

No it's not. And Vancouver will never, ever get anything close to that for him. He said that's what it'll cost.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I can see Cherry not being a big Marner fan and liking Gubrandson.
He also loved Bieksa.
Just the way he rolls even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
One minute he’s laughing at Mike Smith and Bieksa chatting and the next minute he says how much he hates opponents chatting and grills Rielly.

Man I can’t wait until this idiot is off television.

Reactions: Breakers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad