Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It really is ironic that some of the people who speak out and claim Don is closed minded and the game has passed him by do so from a position of ageism.

Reactions: Ulysses31

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It really is ironic that some of the people who speak out and claim Don is closed minded and the game has passed him by do so from a position of ageism.
Nah, it's cause Don Cherry is losing it.

Still love the guy for what he used to be, but he needs to be off of TV, he can barely hold his train of thought. It'll happen to us all eventually.

Grumpy Olfart

May 10, 2014
TrueNorth
I have been a fan of the coach for years....but all good things must come to an end....at times, his mind seems to slip a few gears. His "time" on the bench is done.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Dude is 84, he should of been off TV 10 years ago, its really unresponsible by this network to keep him there,
its obvious he is waaaaaay to old. Let him retire already.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Ahh the old in my day... these damn millennials speech. Because all people born after you are snowflakes. I’d like you to switch spots with a millennial and have $100,000’s of student loans and try and get a job when baby boomers refuse to hire you without experience. When you can’t get experience because no one will give you experience because they only hire people with experience. Omg I’m stuck in a loop! Anyway, and see how devistated you are.

Please just end the millennial crap. Your generation or the generation you raised is the reason the cost of living and economy was so bad when all millennials graduated. You’re at least at part to blame for them being the way they are.. as well as your generation raised them or the generation you raised raised them. Not sure how old you are. You think kids raise themselves?

Oh also, the internet we see now wasn’t really created until 1990 and there was no real forum for your generation to post and cry about things. That took a while. So maybe if there was your generation would have. Who knows?

Anyway back to hockey. Don Cherry is just an idiot in my opinion. That is all.

1st bold = same thing has been happening throughout history

2nd bold = same thing has been happening throughout history

3rd bold = some validity here, we were to nice and cared to much about making it easier for our children and the pendulum swung to far to the left.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Those wishing to see Grapes step down or be replaced any time soon, I'm willing to bet he's got that job locked down 'til he croaks.

Don Cherry likes his national soapbox and I don't see him coming down from it any time soon. So until he dies we'll just have to put up with the increasing amount of slip-ups and head-scratchers we now see from him.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
Ahh the old in my day... these damn millennials speech. Because all people born after you are snowflakes. I’d like you to switch spots with a millennial and have $100,000’s of student loans and try and get a job when baby boomers refuse to hire you without experience. When you can’t get experience because no one will give you experience because they only hire people with experience. Omg I’m stuck in a loop! Anyway, and see how devistated you are.

Please just end the millennial crap. Your generation or the generation you raised is the reason the cost of living and economy was so bad when all millennials graduated. You’re at least at part to blame for them being the way they are.. as well as your generation raised them or the generation you raised raised them. Not sure how old you are. You think kids raise themselves?

Oh also, the internet we see now wasn’t really created until 1990 and there was no real forum for your generation to post and cry about things. That took a while. So maybe if there was your generation would have. Who knows?

Anyway back to hockey. Don Cherry is just an idiot in my opinion. That is all.
I am late gen x...... millennials suck ! as seen here and everywhere else:

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
If any of you paid attention, you'd see that Cherry is still more accurate in his predictions than most others. McLean seems more out to lunch than Cherry these days.

Reactions: Beerfish

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If any of you paid attention, you'd see that Cherry is still more accurate in his predictions than most others. McLean seems more out to lunch than Cherry these days.
McLean isn't out to lunch and I agree that Cherry continues to be correct in most of his predictions .

Reactions: mondo3

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
McLean is too far down the road of political correctness, couple that with his unwavering support of whatever any official has ever done and he looks like a caricature now. No, we lost Ron McLean some time ago.

Reactions: Beerfish

Captain And Coke

Apr 29, 2011
Cherry looked better than the Golden Jet Bobby Hull did.

I'm still laughing at this from the game thread...

Vbuk2zp.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad