Prospect Info: Dominic Basse, Goalie, Selects Hockey Academy, 167th overall (2019)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
6'6....that seems to be all these GMs really look at..Saville should have went higher and Wolf better get drafted by someone - athleticism and skill still means something in the damn net..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
6'6....that seems to be all these GMs really look at..Saville should have went higher and Wolf better get drafted by someone - athleticism and skill still means something in the damn net..
I agree and disagree. If a guy is 6 foot 6 he already has a leg up on everyone else. Take Alex NDejlklkasjdfojiaidsflk that plays in Carolina. He is really talented, quick, athletic, but idk if he'll ever really truly be that guy for them.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A goalie? Neat.

See you in 7 or 8 years...maybe. Goalies are such a crapshoot.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I agree and disagree. If a guy is 6 foot 6 he already has a leg up on everyone else. Take Alex NDejlklkasjdfojiaidsflk that plays in Carolina. He is really talented, quick, athletic, but idk if he'll ever really truly be that guy for them.
agree, but nothing suggests many of these 6'6 monsters will make it either..I hope Basse does great here, just feel bad for some of these kids that are far superior in athleticism and skill but get snubbed because they are sub 6'2..

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Would be hilarious out of all the goalies drafted this year, he'd be one of the better ones down the road in the 6th round.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
agree, but nothing suggests many of these 6'6 monsters will make it either..I hope Basse does great here, just feel bad for some of these kids that are far superior in athleticism and skill but get snubbed because they are sub 6'2..
All I’m saying is goalies in general are wildness like we all know so might as well draft the big ones

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I guess you need some in the system at different ages, but I always like to wait for a Swede or Finn Goalie to emerge and nab them instead.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Saw that Mark Kelley said Basse will not be going to Colorado College this season...his USHL rights owned byv Youngstown and I thought that was the plan ...to play there for 1 season then go to CC... but Kelley said where he will play is as yet undetermined..

Curious question ...
since Kelley said his place to play this season is undetermined does that mean there is a chance he could play for a CHL team even though he was not drafted by any of them? Do you have to he drafted by CHL teams (OHL,QMJHL,WHL)?

Or is another possible landing spot a Junior A team in Junior A, like the BCHL...doing that would allow him to maintain college eligibility for the NCAA ..

So does he still intend to go to Cokirado College a season after this co ing one,or does he want to follow a different path the Hawks intend for him?

The ambiguous nature of the Kwlkey connents leave us wondering what the plan is.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Anything past 5th round is a project. One year of USHL and 4 years of college is a good time frame. Don’t mind the 6’6” frame either

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Saw that Mark Kelley said Basse will not be going to Colorado College this season...his USHL rights owned byv Youngstown and I thought that was the plan ...to play there for 1 season then go to CC... but Kelley said where he will play is as yet undetermined..

Curious question ...
since Kelley said his place to play this season is undetermined does that mean there is a chance he could play for a CHL team even though he was not drafted by any of them? Do you have to he drafted by CHL teams (OHL,QMJHL,WHL)?

Or is another possible landing spot a Junior A team in Junior A, like the BCHL...doing that would allow him to maintain college eligibility for the NCAA ..

So does he still intend to go to Cokirado College a season after this co ing one,or does he want to follow a different path the Hawks intend for him?

The ambiguous nature of the Kwlkey connents leave us wondering what the plan is.

If he goes to the CHL he'll forfeit his right to play in the NCAA so I don't see that happening. My guess is that he ends up in Youngstown of the USHL. I believe both of their goalies from last year are moving on to College.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Unusual pick in that NHL Central Scouting DOD notvhave him ranked on their N.A. goalies rankings list of goalies(31 were ranked)..

Perhaps they had somehow never scouted him despite his stellar save% numbers going back several seasons on high school and prep academy ...

Somehow Kellley tipped off a out this kid...went to see him personally and he ce that story about driving in a snowstorm to see him only to find out he was on the bench as a backup that night but would play their next 2 games...So Kelkey goes back for those next 2 games...likes what he sees..files it away...and takes him in the draft.

O wonder if it was only those 2 viewings and a hunch by Kelkey that got him drafted orcwhether the Hawks sent their other scouts and goalie consultants to view him too?

If it was only 2 viewings plus the stats he had out up that got him drafted "from nowhere" then Kudos to Kelkey himself for perhaps drafting a steal if he plans out ....when it seems few if any had kown about him ...which is hard to believe in a hockey world where any kid really starring somewhere gets media and scouting notice as a result.

This could be one of the greatest stories ever told if this kid ever plays in the show.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
D6EAFA47-2DC6-4904-92DF-89B12181BCE5.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad