Injury Report: Domi Day-to-Day

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I won't pretend to know what the issue is. But if there's a chance playing could make it worse, then I hope they rest him for tomorrow. No sense risking that he misses playoff games.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This is what I worried about. This season cant end sooner. I don't want to limp into the playoffs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Probably hurt his hand in the fight last night.
Broke a knuckle on a helmet hit on da uppercut .. he could play but best to let him heal rest of season as he likely will have to throw against Bennett in round 1 .. anything can happen in garbage time games which is why I would not play Matty Rielly McCabe and Sammy in Florida games .. they can play at home tomorrow to get da win to lock down 3rd place and get Matty 70 and then take a week off to rest up and skate at Ford .. those games in Florida give all da guys who are fighting for last spots icetime and competition ..

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Broke a knuckle on a helmet hit on da uppercut .. he could play but best to let him heal rest of season as he likely will have to throw against Bennett in round 1 .. anything can happen in garbage time games which is why I would not play Matty Rielly McCabe and Sammy in Florida games .. they can play at home tomorrow to get da win to lock down 3rd place and get Matty 70 and then take a week off to rest up and skate at Ford .. those games in Florida give all da guys who are fighting for last spots icetime and competition ..

If he broke a hand bone, he wouldn't be a possibility to play tomorrow.

It's minor.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If he broke a hand bone, he wouldn't be a possibility to play tomorrow.

It's minor.
I broke 2 knuckles (hairline) in an errant punch on a Friday night game in Indi which hit da glass and played da next night with my right hand taped up with a little injection .. it healed pretty quickly as i remember but hurt for a few weeks and i had to fight a couple weeks later and then it hurt even more

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I broke 2 knuckles (hairline) in an errant punch on a Friday night game in Indi which hit da glass and played da next night with my right hand taped up with a little injection .. it healed pretty quickly as i remember but hurt for a few weeks and i had to fight a couple weeks later and then it hurt even more

I get that but there would be no point in playing if he did break knuckles or fingers or bones.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Sammy...??? Hardly valuable enough to worry about injury.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
this guy needs to stop fighting and keep assisting
SO TRUE! He is too talented to keep risking fighting and pulling himself out of games. Let some AHLer called up do it. You can tell his dad does not approve.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Really stupid if he got injured fighting. Hopefully it's minor, as that line being hot going into the playoffs could have been advantageous for us.

Reactions: authentic

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
SO TRUE! He is too talented to keep risking fighting and pulling himself out of games. Let some AHLer called up do it. You can tell his dad does not approve.
I think he just sees the camera 2 feet from his face and refuses to give them absolutely ANYTHING lol.

Loves me some Domis.

We're all day-to-day, man. We're all day-to-day.
My vote for post of the year. Smart, quirky and allll too real.

+1000 or whatever.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Come on

Somebody was taking liberties with our best player and Domi made him regret it

If he let it go Virtually everybody in here would be complaining about our team full of wimps who won't stand up for each other

It's who the guy is and I don't want him changing

It wasn’t much of anything on Matthews, if anything he got more on Nemec than the other way around, and we had possession in the offensive zone with one of their D shook up and out of position.

It’s good that Domi has that dog in him and I’d jump the gun on a fight when Marner’s breathing down my neck for the 1RW spot too if I was in a contract year. Doesn’t really matter in a nothing game against Jersey as long as he’s not out too long but he can’t do that in a playoff game unless someone took a real run at a teammate. If Matthews is ok just run Nemec next time he touches the puck or start something after the whistle.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I sure hope he is ok. Matthews needs his new set up guy and all round 1st line muscle

It wasn’t much of anything on Matthews, if anything he got more on Nemec than the other way around, and we had possession in the offensive zone with one of their D shook up and out of position.

It’s good that Domi has that dog in him and I’d jump the gun on a fight when Marner’s breathing down my neck for the 1RW spot too if I was in a contract year. Doesn’t really matter in a nothing game against Jersey as long as he’s not out too long but he can’t do that in a playoff game unless someone took a real run at a teammate. If Matthews is ok just run Nemec next time he touches the puck or start something after the whistle.
I get your point but the first line has needed someone like Domi for a long time. He makes them a lot tougher to play against and he is a really good passer as well as toughness

Reactions: Kiwi and ToneDog

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
If Domi is willing to break his hand in a meaningless game because our best player received contact, just wait for the effort he will give in the playoffs when the entire season is on the line.

We were trying to explain this during the Lafferty > Domi all our free agents suck era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad