Sportsnet: Domi calls Scott Stevens out as a sandbagger!

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Um ya sorry did you even watch the video tough guy Domi jumps someone 2 on 1 then hides when another Flyer comes. Sorry but don't stand up for that clown just because he played for your team.
You mean the same video where Berube and Mccarthy were both going after Domi? Then they subsequently go after Yushkevich and Khristich? Then you have Burt going after Kaberle(who Domi comes after). I'm not excusing Domi(I'm not even really a fan) for what he did in that clip, but the big bad Flyers beat up a bunch of Euro's to show their toughness. Like, what does that even prove? At least you can make the argument that Domi was trying to goad them into penalties but I mean, the Flyers look bad there too

The thing that baffles me in this thread is how some are trying to suggest Domi is a flat out coward for not fighting a few times. As if it erases all the fights he had against Probert, Brashear, McSorely, Berube, McCarthy , and Ray among many other tough guys he fought. Let's also not forget , Domi was under 5 ft 10 too . There are many things you can call Domi, coward I'm not sure is one of them.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
You mean the same video where Berube and Mccarthy were both going after Domi? Then they subsequently go after Yushkevich and Khristich? Then you have Burt going after Kaberle(who Domi comes after). I'm not excusing Domi(I'm not even really a fan) for what he did in that clip, but the big bad Flyers beat up a bunch of Euro's to show their toughness. Like, what does that even prove? At least you can make the argument that Domi was trying to goad them into penalties but I mean, the Flyers look bad there too

The thing that baffles me in this thread is how some are trying to suggest Domi is a flat out coward for not fighting a few times. As if it erases all the fights he had against Probert, Brashear, McSorely, Berube, McCarthy , and Ray among many other tough guys he fought. Let's also not forget , Domi was under 5 ft 10 too . There are many things you can call Domi, coward I'm not sure is one of them.
Not once called him a coward but did say dirty and pathetic yes. Not excusing the Flyer players mentioned either was only speaking of Domi. I mean this thread was about Domi. I see your point though.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

No. We are not saying Domi is a coward.

We are saying that it is ironic that he calls someone out for not fighting... someone with over 100 fights in their career... when he has a history of a few turtles and dance declines as well.

And since he is calling a player’s character into question, it’s only fair to look at documented on ice chicken shitery and off ice crap like that he did with the coach of the 11 year olds.

As for the Flyers’ clip, if Domi fights off the face off.... it is not a line brawl.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It’s hard to look at this incident and be proud that this is a Leaf player doing this shit:

If you excuse it or it makes you proud.... there’s something seriously wrong with you.

May not be proud of it but isn't posting just part of the incident kind of like showing the drunk getting beaten up by the bouncer but not showing what the drunk did a few minutes before that led up to it?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
May not be proud of it but isn't posting just part of the incident kind of like showing the drunk getting beaten up by the bouncer but not showing what the drunk did a few minutes before that led up to it?

Nope. The bouncer still goes to jail for assault.

Was there anything preventing Domi from laying a clean hit? Offering to fight? Even a roughing or face wash?

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Not once called him a coward but did say dirty and pathetic yes. Not excusing the Flyer players mentioned either was only speaking of Domi. I mean this thread was about Domi. I see your point though.
I wasn't saying you specifically were calling him a coward, but others were certainly trying to say that he was.

No. We are not saying Domi is a coward.

We are saying that it is ironic that he calls someone out for not fighting... someone with over 100 fights in their career... when he has a history of a few turtles and dance declines as well.

And since he is calling a player’s character into question, it’s only fair to look at documented on ice chicken shitery and off ice crap like that he did with the coach of the 11 year olds.

As for the Flyers’ clip, if Domi fights off the face off.... it is not a line brawl.
You don't post multiple videos of Domi avoiding fights,(against guys he already fought mind you) while mocking him, then suggest you weren't trying to claim he was a coward . Sorry but I'm just not buying that. Domi was a goon who did a lot of garbage but he was also a pest trying to goad players into penalties to win a game . Both can be true and it doesn't take away from what he says about Stevens. And if we're talking about off ice stuff, are we going to forget that Scott Stevens was accused of being involved in the rape of a 17 year old with 3 other players? If you're going to criticize Domi(justifiably) for his off ice stuff, then don't let Stevens slide.

Also, you can't blame Domi for Berube and McCarthy's actions, just like you were saying you cant blame the ref for what Domi did. Can't have it both ways. It's pretty clear he wasn't going to fight two guys at once and judging by the fact that Berube and McCarthy both went after European non-fighters, its pretty clear that if one took on Domi, the other wouldn't simply skate away.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Bottom line...
Lol

Oh, there's actually way more good stuff to it than than if you're interested. It was just after they opened the ACC and a friend of mine had some sort of access to a special tour of the facility that ended with him and Mike Johnson signing t-shirts for everyone. I had a few to drink that night and these are the highlights:

- The tour guide quote the number of yards of concrete used to build the ACC and I raised by hand and asked how many yards of concrete it would take to fill Tie Domi's helmet.

- When we got to the t-shirt signing, while waiting for my turn I had a line prepared "Tie, how come Chris Simon beat you up so bad those three or four times?" I never got a chance because he snatched the shirt from me and signed it and it ruined my moment.

- When I got to Mike Johnson, he wouldn't sign it because they said only one signature per person and he wouldn't even acknowledge me asking. This was just after Mike Smith shipped off Jason Smith for a 4th rounder to Edmonton and I said "Hey Mike, I heard Mike Smith traded you for a 14th round draft pick?" You can imagine the look he gave me. I said "No, no, I like you! But then...I liked Jason Smith too..."

True story.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
There’s a reason why Domi isn’t part of the alumni ceremonies at Leafs games. Dude is a nut job and the organization wants no part of him.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I wasn't saying you specifically were calling him a coward, but others were certainly trying to say that he was.

You don't post multiple videos of Domi avoiding fights,(against guys he already fought mind you) while mocking him, then suggest you weren't trying to claim he was a coward . Sorry but I'm just not buying that. Domi was a goon who did a lot of garbage but he was also a pest trying to goad players into penalties to win a game . Both can be true and it doesn't take away from what he says about Stevens. And if we're talking about off ice stuff, are we going to forget that Scott Stevens was accused of being involved in the rape of a 17 year old with 3 other players? If you're going to criticize Domi(justifiably) for his off ice stuff, then don't let Stevens slide.

Also, you can't blame Domi for Berube and McCarthy's actions, just like you were saying you cant blame the ref for what Domi did. Can't have it both ways. It's pretty clear he wasn't going to fight two guys at once and judging by the fact that Berube and McCarthy both went after European non-fighters, its pretty clear that if one took on Domi, the other wouldn't simply skate away.

Domi says a guy who didn’t fight was a sandbagger.

And I showed examples of him not fighting.

Some of you Domi fans are trying to create a Domi is better than Stevens tangent.

Who bloody cares about Stevens’ character? That rape situation is EXTREMELY troubling. Stevens could be one of the biggest dirt bags in the game.

None of that excuses Domi’s on and off ice transgressions. It doesn’t make him a better player or person because someone else is a dirt bag.

We all own our own shit. And Domi’s stinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad