Prospect Info: Domenic DiVincentiis, 2022 NHL Draft, #207 Overall

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Well… he’s not Alaskan Byfuglien that we drafted in the 7th years back, but it seems like the appropriate place in the draft to select a witch doctor, err, goalie. I’m fairly certain that nobody in hockey can predict goalies, so this is where I like to see them picked.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kelly Moore is inaccurate in OP. He played only six games in the playoffs. During the regular season he split time with a 19-year old 7th rounder.

Decent size. Pedestrian numbers but its not a head-scratching pick like Neaton was a few years back. Decent base to build on and a guy I can get behind in round 7. It'll be his crease in North Bay next year, hopefully he has a good year and then we'll go from there.

Also, another fun name!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Well… he’s not Alaskan Byfuglien that we drafted in the 7th years back, but it seems like the appropriate place in the draft to select a witch doctor, err, goalie. I’m fairly certain that nobody in hockey can predict goalies, so this is where I like to see them picked.
Teams have gotten much better at drafting goalies in the first round, but if there aren't clear first round talents it doesn't make any sense to spend early picks on them.

Tyler Brennan was viewed as the top NA goalie, and he didn't crack .900 in the regular season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not really sure on goalies in general but he seems like a good pick at this spot. Seems like he has a real strong mental game and a solid foundation. Might be something there.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I liked the pick a lot at the time and he's off to a great start.

He sure is.

I like a lot about his game -- while I know basically zero about NHL goaltending Double D seems to have an interesting blend of positional play and straight-up athleticism. Boring and not boring, as it were.

If he can keep up this dev trajectory and be in the conversation for whatever Team Canada In the Sport of Hockey becomes he'll be one to watch for sure.

Reactions: surixon

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
He sure is.

I like a lot about his game -- while I know basically zero about NHL goaltending Double D seems to have an interesting blend of positional play and straight-up athleticism. Boring and not boring, as it were.

If he can keep up this dev trajectory and be in the conversation for whatever Team Canada In the Sport of Hockey becomes he'll be one to watch for sure.
Potential new nickname “Double D”? Maybe if he wears #36 with the Jets someday.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Potential new nickname “Double D”? Maybe if he wears #36 with the Jets someday.
9bacfea8-3bbe-4ffc-a8e0-0690fc080caf.gif

"I'm Plain Jane, and I approve this message". ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00