GDT: Doing it Dallas style <1hr to puckdrop edition - Flames(7-9-3) @ Stars(12-4-2) 6:30pm

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Honestly, if people do their research and look at guys that signed contracts around that time and since, it's not a bad contract, it's not a deal by any means, but it's not at all had. Fans seem to forget that contracts are always rising, like people bitching about 7m for Naz, and claiming he's paid like a 1C, a f***ing 1C these days makes 10+; Naz is paid 2C money. If Lindholm gets 8.5, guess what? That's also 2C money

I think if we turn into a contender (or slightly above bubble team) and young guys compete and prove themselves offensively he drops down the lineup in a fairly short period of time. He's a slightly more skilled but more consistent, better defensive Dube basically. IMO. The second he can't push himself like he does or his legs start to go at 5'11" and 31 yrs old it could be a steep, noticeable decline and then we're looking at a 4.9 m av salary for the last 3 years. 5.9 this year is on the high side for my liking. His game is so reliant on his character/work ethic. Anyway, I'm not hating the contract as much as I was because he's so consistent in his effort, responsibility and coinciding contribution. I guess we'll see what happens.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think if we turn into a contender (or slightly above bubble team) and young guys compete and prove themselves offensively he drops down the lineup in a fairly short period of time. He's a slightly more skilled but more consistent, better defensive Dube basically. IMO. The second he can't push himself like he does or his legs start to go at 5'11" and 31 yrs old it could be a steep, noticeable decline and then we're looking at a 4.9 m av salary for the last 3 years. 5.9 this year is on the high side for my liking. His game is so reliant on his character/work ethic. Anyway, I'm not hating the contract as much as I was because he's so consistent in his effort, responsibility and coinciding contribution. I guess we'll see what happens.
Coleman is a consistent 15+ goal, 30+ point forward, he's going to be on the 3rd line, even on a very good team. If he's on our 4th line, our depth would be amazing

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Coleman is a consistent 15+ goal, 30+ point forward, he's going to be on the 3rd line, even on a very good team. If he's on our 4th line, our depth would be amazing

I guess we can make mental note of the conversation and see how things go. I'm always hoping for the best.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just tossing this out there...

Rango has 8 points in his last 10 games
Toffoli has 5 points in his last 10 games

You know since everyone loved to compare them when Tyler Foli was on his early season hot streak

Reactions: Tofveve

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Wow, just saw the highlights. Soo gutted I have missed this one!!! Got really pissed, fell asleep at 11pm and just couldn't wake up when the alarm went at 3am!! :(

Where are Ruzicka's, current 4th liner at 750k, sceptics hiding today?

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Also, really liking Coleman and Sharan! Listened to Paddy Steinberg recently, the boy had multiple surgeries and finally sorted some lingering issues that had bothered him since his Tampa days- perhaps his contract is starting to look good now. In all fairness, there aren't many NHLers defensively sound as Goalman with 20+ and no PP.

You know since everyone loved to compare them when Tyler Foli was on his early season hot streak
I was agnostic at the start but boy this starts looking like a decent trade, plus anyone will rack the pts next to certain MR Hughes.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
How about a little love for Ryan Huska?
Been exactly what this team needs.
Have not doubted him one moment, get behind this guy fellas. Extremely calm,pragmatic and meticulous. Keeps playing and benching the right guys. I would call up Coronato for Nash instead of playing Walker but that's just me.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Remember when James Neal went to Edmonton and had a dozen pucks go in off his jock in the first week?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Dube Does Dallas is the thread title I just thought of for this after the fact. Has that joke been made before?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad