• Libor Hajek

• Bevin Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Schneider has been much better defensively IMO

If he can just concentrate on that, eventually some offense will come. Surprised he doesn't have a goal yet

Not surprised. All of our D outside of Fox are terrible offensively. Even Miller, with all that talent. Maybe one day for him. And maybe Jones. I just don't see any of the others making any offensive impact. Schneider is actually reckless in the offensive zone when he carries it deep.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Not surprised. All of our D outside of Fox are terrible offensively. Even Miller, with all that talent. Maybe one day for him. And maybe Jones. I just don't see any of the others making any offensive impact. Schneider is actually reckless in the offensive zone when he carries it deep.
It's funny you say that. I was thinking during the game last night how I wouldn't mind Kreider's go to move of getting the puck to the point if it weren't for the fact that the team only has 1 defenseman who doesn't make me want to hurl myself off a cliff when the puck is on their stick.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
once again, this is why I'm game for Chychrun.

We need more offense from our defenders.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
once again, this is why I'm game for Chychrun.

We need more offense from our defenders.

They have a system where they're actually trying too hard. I feel like more offense would come if they stopped trying to pinch every single time in the offensive zone and if they just focused on getting shots to the net from the point quickly instead of imitating Fox and holding the puck for the perfect pass. Instead, they're attempting to make plays from in deep and if you're not Fox-level talent, you really shouldn't be trying that kind of business.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
how he continues to get chances on pp2 is just crazy. Guy can not handle the puck and 99 percent of his shots either get blocked or go wide. To make matters worse (we saw it in playoffs) if he fumbles puck and turns it over no way is he catching the opponent. Why not Miller since they won't dress Jones?
No one and I mean NO ONE (not even Troubadour) beats Miller in PF/60(puck fumbles)

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
No amount of shitty reg season scheduling, as annoying as it is, will compare in sheer idiocy to last year’s playoffs

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No one and I mean NO ONE (not even Troubadour) beats Miller in PF/60(puck fumbles)
still would try Miller over him. Has the ability to recover much better if he does fumble the puck. Better reach. Better mobility/skater. Absolutely have more faith in him getting some wrist shots thru Trouba has zero ability to do that.
Jones would be perfect but that isn't gonna happen with him in street clothes.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
They have a system where they're actually trying too hard. I feel like more offense would come if they stopped trying to pinch every single time in the offensive zone and if they just focused on getting shots to the net from the point quickly instead of imitating Fox and holding the puck for the perfect pass. Instead, they're attempting to make plays from in deep and if you're not Fox-level talent, you really shouldn't be trying that kind of business.
It's weird seeing the forwards get in position for deflections and then the shot for deflection/rebound never comes. Maybe Schneid's/Carpy's goal is the beginning of a fresh approach.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
still would try Miller over him. Has the ability to recover much better if he does fumble the puck. Better reach. Better mobility/skater. Absolutely have more faith in him getting some wrist shots thru Trouba has zero ability to do that.
Jones would be perfect but that isn't gonna happen with him in street clothes.
Agree, neither is a good option but Miller is lesser of 2 evils.

It’s not much, but one thing Trouba has done on the PP well is at least moving the puck quickly. It’s usually either right back to Kakko after a fake slapped, or an actual slapper, but he has t been hanging on to the puck making decisions that lead to turnovers on the PP.

Miller def does not do that well yet and I can see him waiting too long, getting closed off and then turning it over for odd man rushes.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

If he can just concentrate on that, eventually some offense will come. Surprised he doesn't have a goal yet
At least in last night's game, he kept it very simple and he was very effective. And frankly, Hajek wasn't shabby either. If those two can keep it simple, it can help us against lesser teams. The harder teams we still likley need to find someone who can make an outlet pass under pressure on that unit. But for teams like the Yotes, not bad. I do think Hajek just seems a bit less tentative and he's more physically comfortable out there. It's translating to a pretty simple, somewhat more effective game. I think he's been better at simple pinching than last season where he'd get nervous at the offensive blue line and failed to keep pucks in as a result. He still often misses more obvious passing opportunities that might lead to better counter attacks. But I feel like I've seen some improvement from him.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Fox? Leetch played the full PP but he also was never gassed by the playoffs. In fact, he was never gassed.
I've always found ATOI to be a bit of a red herring. Of course, guys will be tired at points in the match and that can lead to injury, etc... but broadly, an extra few minutes ATOI isn't going to diminish a guy's condition at the end of the season. If Fox can handle 25 min/game he can handle 28 or even more. Especially if it's PP time being added.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The closest defenseman to Stevens in the league currently is Miller's D partner. If Trouba played in the 90s and could get away with what some of those D did we'd be talking about him on that level. Case in point the penalty he took "roughing" Maccelli last night. Jeff Beukeboom would do that 3 times every shift.
That was such a terrible call.
Though I thought, overall, officiating was ok yesterday. Arizona was playing fairly chippy.

Reactions: McRanger92 and bl02

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta

It's coming, I truly believe it. (not just a goal but overall more contribution)

I feel Schneider does catch some undue flack on here for his play as one of the young kids (I think all of our kids catch some on here to be honest) - and for anyone out there, don't take that as me saying he's mistake free. He's far from it and more mistakes will happen as he starts to push some boundaries. (like venturing deep into the offensive zone)

I think some need to realize he hasn't even played a full season yet, 60 games total, and is younger than Laf. (by a month, but he's still younger)

He's shown more to me, even with the bumps of learning, than our other kids after just 60 games. And this is all from the 3 pairing with multiple partners. (IMO)

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
you guys are giving me whiplash with these horrid Miller takes

first he needs to go the AHL, then he's a top 4 staple, then he sucks and has a low IQ, then he's our best defenseman and will be more important than Fox (yeah some of you said that in the playoffs, don't lie), then he'll win a norris before Fox does again, now he sucks again

I know the board is inherently reactionary and is 55% whatever sewage flows through the really hollow dome that is our brains but like 70% of you are truly and utterly insufferable and need a f***ing hobby

nobody in this current NHL does besides maybe a really annoyed Wilson

Stevens came close to actually killing people

A blunt, albeit great, post. I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad