Does y'all think the Leafs (Our Leafs) make a move on D before deadline?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Yes.

Bozak's game has also fallen off this year and his ice time hasn't really decreased.

You have to play what you've got. We've currently got Gardiner, who's still a better option than Carrick or Marincin, Rosen and Dermot at this point.

Tyler Bozak is 9th among Leaf forward in TOI/60, and has seen his ATOI decreased by 1:31 this year.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
So you're telling me that Jake Gardiner has been so consistently bad that his coach has played him by far the most even strength TOI per game.

You do realize Gardiner is matched up with the Mathews line, that's who he plays the most with, that's where the high ATOI is coming from. I could/probably am wrong though :)

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You do realize Gardiner is matched up with the Mathews line, that's who he plays the most with, that's where the high ATOI is coming from. I could/probably am wrong though :)

During both goals he caused in Edmonton he was paired with Kadri's line.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I don’t get what he means by being a “real hard follower”.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
During the Edmonton game I had proven that he directly caused 2 of the 4 goals. (one where he decided to leave his man alone in the slot to double up on a player already being pressured by Kadri behind the net. His man ended up scoring. And the second saw him cough up the puck in our own end and that led to an immediate goal)

This says nothing of the few turn overs he coughed up that didn't account for an actual goal. I'm just analyzing the actual goals.

He did have a great game in Vancouver though. Uncharacteristically. But I doubt he's turned a corner and fully expect to see his bad habbit's shine through on a nightly basis as has seemed to be the case this entire season.

I just didn't post screen shot evidence of it. I will now.

You didn't read my post...

"Pointing it out does nothing, you need to compare how often he does it vs. other players. And by that I mean actually counting the times and comparing the numbers, not just asserting it."

I know Gardiner f***s up and causes goals against. So does everyone else. You don't need to prove that. It's the frequency that matters.

Your argument is stupid otherwise. We could all pick a player and watch them until they f*** up, and then make a post about how terrible they are because of it. That wouldn't mean anything though because all players f*** up.

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You didn't read my post...

"Pointing it out does nothing, you need to compare how often he does it vs. other players. And by that I mean actually counting the times and comparing the numbers, not just asserting it."

I know Gardiner ****s up and causes goals against. So does everyone else. You don't need to prove that. It's the frequency that matters.

Your argument is stupid otherwise. We could all pick a player and watch them until they **** up, and then make a post about how terrible they are because of it. That wouldn't mean anything though because all players **** up.

In the edmonton, of the four goals against, he caused half the goals. Is that frequent enough for you?

And *maybe* you know that Gardiner is a f*** up this doesn't appear to be common knowledge as before I entered this thread, the magic fix for our defense is the call of "replace Polak". Of course, since I've entered this thread and pointed out that Gardiner is our worst defensive minded defenseman this year...now his shit play is getting more attention.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think we sure try, most certainly could use an upgrade on D to better our Cup chances. Can we win with this D? Sure it's possible with our forward corp and goaltending. Is this the ideal D talent to win with, NO. Get er done Lou, we have an impressive stable of assets, money, do it.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Phaneuf lol

:laugh:
tumblr_miyjpmIPWj1qb40t4o2_500.gif

Reactions: Dzonna and BVG

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Leafs just have to wait. That player may be Dermott. Just give guys the time to develop.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
With so many teams in playoff contention, you would think not many teams would be sellers at this time. The only Dmen that the Leafs would want to replace is the Carrick/Polak combination.
Seems to me many Leafs fans (and non Leaf fans) think the Leafs defencemen are absolutely awful, and that there are so many other defencemen available that would be upgrade to the Leafs defence. Virtually all teams would like to improve their bottom pairing, so it's not like the Leafs are unique in wanting to upgrade their Dmen.
Where I think the Leafs may really run into problems if any of their top 5 are injured long term. In that case, it would impossible to replace internally, and the cost to get the few available players by trade might be prohibitive.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If we make a move it better be for a sure thing, not a coin flip or marginal upgrade.

Ottawa made a lateral type deal and got burned bad.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Before the deadline? Probably not unless something falls in their laps.

At the deadline? Yes.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Whats the point? Honestly we have Carrick riding the bench while Polak starts. At this point the blame is on Babcock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad