Does Subban get called up for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood On The Ice

Jul 17, 2007
Montreal
Do you guys think that Subban will be called up for the playoffs (with or without an injury to a roster player) or do you think the team will stick with the veterans?

I personally think that they should call him up to give him experience and get him ready for next season, besides, he would play well with Markov on the power play I think.

Discuss!

I personally thank god that you are not the coach of the Montreal Canadiens.

He will get the experience he needs playoff-wise in Hamilton. Plenty of it.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Not that I think he couldn't handled it, but Subban is going to be a big part of the Bulldogs very own playoff run. They are one of the best team in the league, I think a shot of winning the calder cup as a top player is going to be way better experience for him than playing 12 minutes a game and trying to adjust in a team that as less chances of going far.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Why do people care more about the Calder Cup than the Stanley Cup? The window of opportunity to win a stanley cup is small. When it's there, you take all your best players and go. Maybe next year we're out of the playoffs, and the year after other players are gone/injured. Right now, we're peaking, we're almost at full strength. If Subban helps the club, then bring him up. If not, keep him down. That should be the only criteria in this case.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Why do people care more about the Calder Cup than the Stanley Cup? The window of opportunity to win a stanley cup is small. When it's there, you take all your best players and go. Maybe next year we're out of the playoffs, and the year after other players are gone/injured. Right now, we're peaking, we're almost at full strength. If Subban helps the club, then bring him up. If not, keep him down. That should be the only criteria in this case.

Well its an interesting point but at the other end of the spectrum...

Mgmt may think that this team wont go all the way...or may want to assess the team during po's and not try to stall pk's dev by giving him more playing time in a more po games...its a matter of short term gain for POTENTIAL long term loss (not too much if you ask me as I dont see PK having the type of character to be kept down)

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Every player develops at a different pace, but some players are born superstars and when they make the jump, they make it for good. There are several players in the nhl that skipped the ahl development process. Crosby, Ovechkin, Doughty, etc/ The guy is NHL-ready, stop wasting time and let's make a cup run. There comes a time when all the chips are in place and you go for it. Don't see what the big deal is. The fans will be patient with a rookie.....right?

oleHABSole*

Every player develops at a different pace, but some players are born superstars and when they make the jump, they make it for good. There are several players in the nhl that skipped the ahl development process. Crosby, Ovechkin, Doughty, etc/ The guy is NHL-ready, stop wasting time and let's make a cup run. There comes a time when all the chips are in place and you go for it. Don't see what the big deal is. The fans will be patient with a rookie.....right?

Agreed! I'd put P.K in now...! I watched a boxer yesterday play it safe in a Championship fight and it didn't even give him a single chance to win.P.K was our best D-man against Philly,we lost both games and he still was +2,he also bailed out Gill 3 times,I know 1 was a for sure breakaway if it was any other guy covering for Gill.
That move P.K did recently in Hamilton,all I could think about is,wow what a waste...I wish he did it in the NHL,it would give him so much more confidence and hunger,because a guy like him don't really need a development program at a weaker,slower paste(level) he needs to be playing at top level and learning from there because he can handle it,even at the age of 20.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

True...I guess as an MTL fan I am just tired of bringing up a SURE-FIRE prospect...just to ruin his development down the line...You know what I mean ;)

oleHABSole*

True...I guess as an MTL fan I am just tired of bringing up a SURE-FIRE prospect...just to ruin his development down the line...You know what I mean ;)

When you say "development" what exactly are you talking about?will
P.K be a faster skater in the future if he stays behind at the AHL level?how exactly will Hamilton make his progression any better than the NHL? i'd understand if it was a 18 year old guy still learning to shoot hard or a guy like Lapierre with no real potential...

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
When you say "development" what exactly are you talking about?will
P.K be a faster skater in the future if he stays behind at the AHL level?how exactly will Hamilton make his progression any better than the NHL? i'd understand if it was a 18 year old guy still learning to shoot hard or a guy like Lapierre with no real potential...

Physical tools have nothing to do with development.................................................................................................................................................................................

Its how your able to translate those physical tools to the NHL by using your noggin...this is what makes the most talented players bust...they are physically gifted but they lack that mental aspect where they cant adapt to higher skill level, think faster, act faster etc.

Do I need to point out obvious prospects...look at carey right now lmao we have four threads dedicated to him...look at lats...look at ribs...they had the skill but their heads did not follow in time...pressure...expectations etc. can really ruin a kids development

edit: physical tools obviously have something to do with it lol...but everyone's scouting is based on their physical tools when they are younger so it is of the least concern...

oleHABSole*

Physical tools have nothing to do with development.................................................................................................................................................................................

Its how your able to translate those physical tools to the NHL by using your noggin...this is what makes the most talented players bust...they are physically gifted but they lack that mental aspect where they cant adapt to higher skill level, think faster, act faster etc.

Do I need to point out obvious prospects...look at carey right now lmao we have four threads dedicated to him...look at lats...look at ribs...they had the skill but their heads did not follow in time...pressure...expectations etc. can really ruin a kids development

edit: physical tools obviously have something to do with it lol...but everyone's scouting is based on their physical tools when they are younger so it is of the least concern...

You're right.But don't P.K have his own Agenda...? he will play his way and be told not to, ex.the spins on the blue line.So how do you want him to adopt to the NHL with AHL experience?why can't he just learn at the highest level from the start and learn to think faster and better in the NHL.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Only IF the Habs are still in th playoffs after Hamilton is eliminated, should they be eliminated. They've had a great season and an AHL title isn't that far of a stretch.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
You're right.But don't P.K have his own Agenda...? he will play his way and be told not to, ex.the spins on the blue line.So how do you want him to adopt to the NHL with AHL experience?why can't he just learn at the highest level from the start and learn to think faster and better in the NHL.

because confidence me friend is a fragile thing and once you lose it in MTL...you wont be given it back via bow tied gift...

tis the nature of the beast here...there are no curves, bumps or room for error...for most fans the precedent has been set from decades back and for newer fans the tradition of precedence has been slammed into them by both media, tradition and expectations...in MTL if you don't produce then your gone basically...(well its better than it used it be lol)

confidence is something that needs to be earned back via patience, trust and time

those are things that Lats, price, ribs etc...wished they had lol

neofury*

You don't huh ?
I can't believe how blind some people's hockey knowledge is.

lol I know, when I read that I laughed, to be honest (and I'm not trying to insult the guy who posted it) I shrugged it off as the comments of some 12 year old who knows nothing about hockey.

Spy

resU deretsigeR
Aug 4, 2008
Montreal
Isn't there a dealine to recall players before the playoffs start? If so, I don't see how he is not recalled. We can't risk keeping him down if he's the best replacement we got at D in case injuries happens.

Team playoffs performance > Prospect development

RichardFaulk

Feb 16, 2010
Toronto
can people stop these threads now lol ?
seriously Habs are close to being healthy for the first time , let the young kids develop and play top min for the bulldogs in the playoffs and make a run for the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad