Does Matthews Score 70? Kuch 100 assists? Mack 140 points? Make your final season predictions

End of season predictions - Predict which milestones below are hit by these league leaders:

• MacKinnon will win Art Ross (4 point gap behind Kuch, 1 game left for each)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Lots of individual milestones at stake in the final 2 days of the regular season, for league leaders.

I figured it would be fun to make a poll and have posters make their predictions on what they see happening. So the questions are:

1. Does Matthews hit 70 goals? (he's at 69, needs 1 more)

2. Does Kucherov hit 100 assists? (he's at 99, needs 1 more)

3. Does MacKinnon hit 140 points? (he's at 138, needs 2 more)

Bonus question:

4. Does MacKinnon win the Art Ross? He's 4 points back of Kucherov (1 game left each). Mack does own the tie breaker of most goals. And Mack does have the benefit of playing his last game the day after Kucherov - so he'll know exactly how many points are needed for Ross, depending on what Kucherov does.

To make this final stretch even more exciting:

Tampa Bay plays Toronto in their final game
Colorado plays Edmonton

All 4 leading hart contenders facing off with one another. With nothing but individual accolades at stakes, since playoff positioning/matchups are long-secured.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Lots of posters here claim McDavid only cares about individual awards. Lets see if Kuch and AM34 sit out, it's a meaningless game for both teams.

I think MacKinnon is the more likely one to sit out honestly.

70 goals/100 assists are really cool milestones, and they only need 1 each - i'm sure they'll play. MacKinnon needing 4 points minimum for Art Ross seems a stretch - and not sure 140 points is such a cool milestone in comparison.

Speaking of McDavid - I'm curious to see if he plays or sits next 2 games. Edmonton plays Phoenix tonight - it's not out of the question that McDavid could rack up ~5+ points in a big win, and still technically have a shot at the Ross himself going into Thursday's Colorado game. Although that's more of a stretch

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
- Without looking it up, I would think Mack will be sitting so no to those two.
- Matthews should be playing tonight after missing out on 70 vs. Florida. He'll get lots of scoring chances (doesn't he always?) and it could get interesting if he wants more ice but Keefe instead reduces his minutes as the game goes on. Pre-playoffs drama in Leaf town?
- Not sure if Kuch is playing, assuming he is, so my hunch is he'll get to 100.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
It seems like both TOR and Tampa don't GAF at this point and just want the playoffs to start.

I say Kuch gets his assist and Matthews gets his goal. I'm hoping Nylander gets two points as well so he can get to 100 on the season, but I have a feeling he'll finish with 99 points.

Let's see some pond hockey. 7-5 game with two empty-netters (and a meaningless goal in between). :)

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad