Speculation: Does Jagr get a contract next year?

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
And if so, from what team?

Will the Panthers re-sign him?

Point total is down from last year, but the he is still 4th on the team in points and is also a +6 on the year. However, he is 44 years old (I know he defies time but still) and his point total has regressed from last year.

Simply, does Jaromir Jagr receive an NHL contract for next season?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
100% he gets a contract from someone.

IDK Florida's situation enough to comment on whether they want him back or not, but multiple team will be in on Jagr as a UFA.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
And if so, from what team?

Will the Panthers re-sign him?

Point total is down from last year, but the he is still 4th on the team in points and is also a +6 on the year. However, he is 44 years old (I know he defies time but still) and his point total has regressed from last year.

Simply, does Jaromir Jagr receive an NHL contract for next season?

100% guaranteed.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If Jagr wants to play next year he'll get a contract, no doubt in my mind. I think he really likes it with the Panthers, so I can see him saying there and helping teach the younger guys.

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
If Jagr wants to play next year he'll get a contract, no doubt in my mind. I think he really likes it with the Panthers, so I can see him saying there and helping teach the younger guys.
Seems like its a mutually beneficial thing. So long as he's not asking for crazy money (which he hasnt from FL), dont see why they dont bring him back next yr again. Panthers still dont seem to have anyone in house to replace his scoring (eventually they could with some of the guys on the farm though). Plus seems like he clicks well with Huberdeau & Barkov, correct me if I'm wrong Panther fans, so why break up that trio?

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Vegas at a minimum would 100% offer him a contract, just to help sell tickets, and because he'd still be good enough for top 6-9 minutes on that team.

On Florida? Hard to say. I think they're probably hoping for more from Huberdeau, Jokinen, and Bjugstad next season (relative to this year), and if you assume slightly more regression from Jagr, there's not much room for him.

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
100% contract. I think Florida is favored, wouldn't be surprised if Vegas made a play to bring in a "name"

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think he'll be back next year if he wants to be back. Him going to Vegas makes sense to me.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Bottom line is this: Jagr is one of the few players in the NHL who puts bums in seats, so yes, no doubt in my mind he will be offered a contract by someone

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
He's gone on record saying he wants to retire a Panther. Pure speculation, but I feel that if he doesn't get an offer, he hangs it up. It won't even be about money to him, he could take a massive paycut. I think he feels "If it's convenient and I can stay, I'll keep playing".

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Bottom line is this: Jagr is one of the few players in the NHL who puts bums in seats, so yes, no doubt in my mind he will be offered a contract by someone

I don't think anyone these days says that they're going to a game just because a 45-year-old Jagr is playing.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
I don't think anyone these days says that they're going to a game just because a 45-year-old Jagr is playing.

I think they do actually. Many people want to see legends play, even if they are way out of their prime. Or even not competing. That´s why there´s still a buzz about if Gretzky is gonna suite up for alumni games. It´s kind of like that people still go to see Rolling Stone or Guns N´Roses, even that they are nowhere close their primes.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Jagr would be a great assistant face of Vegas, he might even like it. If I was a betting man though, I'd say he will play one more season in Florida and retire there and then he takes some kind of hockey operations job for the Panthers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad