Does Carter deserve to have 77 retired?

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
maybe it was the nostalgia kicking in last night, but I always thought he wasn't here long enough to have his jersey retired. I now think he has a case to have 77 put in the rafters.

thoughts?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Once Kopitar and Doughty retire the Kings are going to have a lot of numbers retired. I think from that point on it's going to take a lot to get your jersey up there. Jeff Carter isn't even close to being someone that should get consideration. I'd put Bernie Nichols up there before him.

But even THOSE guys did a lot to get their jerseys there--not just hall of famers but franchise records and thousands of games with the Kings

Carter isn't likely to make the HOF and he only spent a few glorious years here. He will be the fun answer to the trivia question of who interrupted Kopitar's franchise yearly scoring lead though.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
You guys all suck

Of course he gets his number retired

He get s a f***ing statue too

The 77th day of each year(march 18{March17 in leap years]) will be Jeff Carter day in Los Angeles. everyone gets a mouth prosthetic that mirror's his missing teeth and a hug from a homeless person
1713472657152.png

Any Los Angeles area resident named Jeff will have his his middle name legally changed to Carter
For example:
Jeff Carter Bridges
Jeff Carter Corwin
Jeff Carter Garlin

77th Street will be renamed Jeff Carter Street and of course, the 77th Street Community Police Station will be renamed "The Jeff Carter Community Police Station"

Finally in Los Angeles proper when anyone counts to 100, the number 77 will be replaced by "Jeff Carter"

Jeff Carter

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
No way, but he is a solid legend that I would sign to a 1 day contract to retire a King if he wanted or come back and work with the team in a Stoll-like capacity.
Carts always came into camp IN SHAPE.. he never sloughed it like his drinking buddy who I also love but didnt have same dedication to off season training.

Reactions: Telos

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Depends on what you want to celebrate. He was every bit as important to the Cup era as anyone, but the duration of his career here wasn't as long as that of a player that would traditionally be honored that way.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
You guys all suck

The 77th day of each year(march 18{March17 in leap years]) will be Jeff Carter day in Los Angeles. everyone gets a mouth prosthetic that mirror's his missing teeth and a hug from a homeless person
View attachment 854664

Any Los Angeles area resident named Jeff will have his his middle name legally changed to Carter
For example:
Jeff Carter Bridges
Jeff Carter Corwin
Jeff Carter Garlin

77th Street will be renamed Jeff Carter Street and of course, the 77th Street Community Police Station will be renamed "The Jeff Carter Community Police Station"

Finally in Los Angeles proper when anyone counts to 100, the number 77 will be replaced by "Jeff Carter"

Jeff Carter
Jeff Carter Sunset Strip starring Ed "Cookie" Burns.

<look it up kids>

I like how the Lakers and Dodgers do it. Hall of Famers only. Dodger Jim Gilliam being the exception.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Absolutely not. It’d be honestly be a joke to have Carters banner hanging next to Kopitars. Doughty Kopitar and potentially Quick.

Reactions: ru4reals

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
When compared to the current set of retired jerseys by tenure, then no. By greatness, he could be right behind Brown and Wayne.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Jersey, no. Statue, yes.

@All The Kings Men I easily could have seen someone wear #4 again. As a matter of fact, I was hoping for it.

I get why his jersey was retired but, then again, it was easy to make a case not to do it. Better player than Norstrom but only 25 more regular season games played than him in a Kings uniform and the latter never made it his life's mission to f*** Kings fans as a career.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Dear lawd no. Thanks Jeff for all you've done but we can't be treating jersey retirements like the hockey Hall of fame where everyone gets in now-a-days.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
You guys all suck

View attachment 854664

For example:
Jeff Carter Bridges
Jeff Carter Corwin
Jeff Carter Garlin

Jeff Carter
canadian team fans in shambles

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad