Speculation: Does Boston even stand a chance against Toronto in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Leafs definitely have the edge in a 7 game series, but never count out Boston. If this series happens, it very likely won’t be easy to win for either team.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Based on how we have performed we have 2-1 record. I don't think it's going to be a roll over from any one side. They have far better record than us against other teams and I believe Bergeron was injured when we first played against them. Lets wait and see we are not that far from playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Please. Don't be so cocky. Of course Boston has a chance and a pretty good one at that. They still have a residue of winning, don't underestimate that. Plus they have been playing great for at least 4 months now. It's going to be very challenging for the Leafs. Honestly, I think Leafs probably lose.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This is not a good thread title.

Boston can beat anyone, us included.

They are a tough, skilled team built for the playoffs.

I fear Boston more than Tampa or the Penguins. We can’t match their grit.

Of course it's not - look at the (not sure what a good word is here) who started the thread.

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
People act like it’s 100% sure we are gonna play Boston while they’re just 4 pts back of Tampa with 2 games in hand and they play each other 3 times again this season.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
There was a thread recently asking why fans of other teams hate the Leafs. Well ....

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
how much of that matters in the playoffs? none
You're right it doesn't mean squat.

However, it bodes well for the players' psyche knowing they can beat this team. Would you rather have the Leafs 0/8 in the past two years against the B's and have that sorta affect their mentality in the playoffs?

They know they can beat this team, doesn't make it any easier in the playoffs just because we've won some regular season games but it certainly doesn't hurt.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You're right it doesn't mean squat.

However, it bodes well for the players' psyche knowing they can beat this team. Would you rather have the Leafs 0/8 in the past two years against the B's and have that sorta affect their mentality in the playoffs?

They know they can beat this team, doesn't make it any easier in the playoffs just because we've won some regular season games but it certainly doesn't hurt.
thats fair. however they went toe to toe with them in 2013 and they were 1-3 against them that season and 1-9 if you include the season before so imo in a way it doesn't really matter too much but i get where you're coming from

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Our team is at a level that we can beat anyone if we get good tending and LUCK, yes, LUCK. We can certainly beat BOS PIT TB but everything has to go right and we have to be playing over our heads for a long stretch to do that. That being said, those three teams can also beat us up pretty well if they are hot and getting lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad