Does Anyone Think the New Stereo is TOO Loud?

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I talked to some people after the game that thought the new stereo was too loud in the arena.

I personally thought it was a lot louder. You could FEEL the music in your chest, literally.

The new short movies were awesome, and suitably matched the stunning visuals with chest thumping audio.

I thought it bordered on too loud, but I'm up in the 300's and it's always loud. After this game my ears were seriously ringing... pretty much all the way to the car, and all the way home.

Some people I talked to who have tickets in the lower bowl thought it was actually too loud and it drowned out the fans.

The Jets organization said they got complaints people couldn't hear announcements... and I thought that might be BECAUSE the fan base is so loud, not because the stereo was too quiet.

What did you guys think? Too loud? Too quiet? Just right?

Personally I'm still trying to figure out if the ringing is from fans or the stereo. Either way I've been to lots of games, and never had that kind of inner 'hum' going after a game except maybe against Boston, or when Teemu came to town...

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I didn't find it significantly louder, certainly not enough to bother my hearing like a concert. It is clearer and better in terms of surround sound, like a big movie theatre.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I sat in section 329 and noticed it was louder than last season. I liked it, but my GF thought it was too loud.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I didnt think it was too loud, but what I did notice was that there was too much bass a lot of the time, and that is what you are feeling when you said you could feel the music

spicy

Aug 23, 2011
Winnipeg
defintely louder, clearer, and much more bass. THANK GOD, it actually now is fitting for the amount of people we have in the arena.

I cant wait to see all the older fans whine and complain about how loud it is. Upgrade=TOO LOUD, dont upgrade=doing nothing to improve.

dont give anything free away at the game=cheap, fans deserve something. give the fans something small=not enough, should give more.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
defintely louder, clearer, and much more bass. THANK GOD, it actually now is fitting for the amount of people we have in the arena.

I cant wait to see all the older fans whine and complain about how loud it is. Upgrade=TOO LOUD, dont upgrade=doing nothing to improve.

Hey now sonny. I'm one of those older types and I still adhere to the "if it's too loud, you're too old" adage. Jeez, my daughter tells me I listen to music too loud.

:yo:

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Sat in 312, thought it was a nice improvement. More clear than last year, when things were either too quiet (early in the year), or too distorted once they tried to crank the levels.

drew77

Oct 11, 2011
Liked the system. Wasn't a huge fan of some of the song choices.

Maybe it was because the product on the ice was getting me grumpy.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I thought the sound was just right.......... much better than last year....... just wish the jets could have givin us more to cheer about last sat

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I thought the sound was just right.......... much better than last year....... just wish the jets could have givin us more to cheer about last sat

Thought it was a nice improvement over last year. I liked the song choices and didn't miss Wheeler's voice one bit:yo:

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Wait - Wheeler's not doing the in-game segments? This might be the biggest improvement to MTSC yet!

damn... looked up twitter and saw that Wheeler left on his honeymoon to Jamaica on the 18th (1 week)... guess he'll be back:(

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
325 and it was awesome. They sound clear and it just pumps. With a crowd that is actually into the game and maybe even a team that wants to play, it's going to be awesome in there.

Buff was the star on the ice home opener no doubt. Stoked he brought that energy.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Great new intro movies too I thought.

The only negatives I heard from the volume as I mentioned, came to me from people who sat in the 100's.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If there is anyone in the 100's that thinks it's too loud and would like to move to the 300's let me know and we can switch.

I don't want anyone's ears to get sore. :)

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Definietely louder than last year.
More bottom end which is nice.
I personally thought that during intermissions it didn't have to be as loud as during the game. I'd like to socialize with people in my section or the seats next to me without having to go out to the concourse and it's harder to do this with the music going as though the Jets just scored a goal. Then again, maybe that's the goal, get you out of your seat to go and buy stuff. :P

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Can you at least make out the music and/or words? I won't hear the new system until the weekend ... but I can say that in the 100's at XCEL Energy Center it is so loud that it just sounds like you are listening to eggs frying in a pan while screwdrivers are being twisted in your eardrums. We don't need that.

Volume =/= Sound Quality *but good combo rocks

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
The new announcer sounds like he's yelling into the mic, someone needs to tell him to tone it down with the new system. TBH (as bad as this sounds) Wheeler is much better than him.

Otherwise I noticed the difference in section 222, TBH I don't see why people were complaining so much about the system from last year, I thought it was fine.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I personally thought that during intermissions it didn't have to be as loud as during the game. I'd like to socialize with people in my section or the seats next to me without having to go out to the concourse and it's harder to do this with the music going as though the Jets just scored a goal.

That is my only complaint as well. I was there pretty early. The volume does not need to be cranked an hour before the puck drops or during the intermissions as stated. During the intros / game, it was great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad