OT: does anyone not like hockey anymore?

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
it's kind of boring TBH. just a bunch of people randomly pushing a puck around the boards with maybe something exciting happen 4 or 5 times a game, less if drayson bowman is playing. i mostly just come here out of habit and then leave in disgust. it's like logging onto facebook and seeing a bunch of people who you used to care about posting mindless nonsense everyday about how they are "pregnant" or "my sister died RIP sis". after reading several hundred thousand posts your eyes just start to glaze over whenever you read the words "jim rutherford" or "jeff skinner" or "chad larose" or "canes need to add le size amirite???" and you enter this comatose-like state where all you can do is write some halfway coherent rant in all lowercase before logging off and watching netflix for the next fourteen hours.

who's with me?

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I tend to agree. It's hard to get excited for the scf with nba finals, a potential triple crown winner, baseball, nfl ota's, college everything, football off-season etc.Plus it's summer and warm weather equals girls in bikinis who are know to indulge in the occasional drink or two.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
For me, good hockey vs. bad hockey means the difference between euphoria and misery. The last couple of years, I've found myself burning out about 70 games in. Then the playoffs come and remind me why I love this game. Then when the playoffs are over, I wistfully wonder if one day it will be our turn once again.

There comes a point when you just don't want to put yourself through it anymore. It's probably a similar feeling as when you stop caring if that girl you like will ever develop feelings for you. I'm not there yet, but every year it gets harder for me to be a rabid fan.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
They.

Also, Rosey is rad, vote for Chad.

Edit: I just realized I could have voted for all the options.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I tend to agree. It's hard to get excited for the scf with nba finals, a potential triple crown winner, baseball, nfl ota's, college everything, football off-season etc.Plus it's summer and warm weather equals girls in bikinis who are know to indulge in the occasional drink or two.

What are these girls in bikinis you speak of? I am very intrigued by this. Please, tell me more. :naughty:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I like hockey when I'm watching a good game, but when I think about it during the offseason sometimes I agree with you. My emotional attachment to the Canes keeps me coming back though.

To be honest ever since I've gotten into analytics, the game's lost a lot of its mystique to me. Everything makes way too much sense and things have kind of gotten too easy to predict. Then again, it's making me money these playoffs so I guess I don't really mind all that much. But it does ruin the excitement a bit, so I definitely get why people go full blinders to deny the validity of analytics and throw things around like they "ruin hockey" or whatever the ****. I'm just not really one to deny evidence in front of me or whatever so.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I don't really like hockey. I really just like Jeff Skinner fan fiction. The only reason I watch any is to give me inspiration.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
A month into the season I was already burned out on the whole thing. It's so predictable you have to laugh. I would get the game on, sit there and literally not enjoy a single minute of it. Eventually I just gave up watching and would check the score on my phone or whatever. Life's too short to volunteer yourself for a serious case of the blah's every other night.

Hopefully big enough change coming to get some excitement going again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad