Does anybody know IIHF rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
If 2 teams are tied in the standings, what will determine which team ranks higher?

Is it goal differential? Face-to-face result? Goals scored?

I tried to check the IIHF rulebook, but the English version doesn't work ... :mad:

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I think its heads to heads match up. If more than two teams are tied then its Goals for only in those games that those three have played each other.

This is a second hand info from TSN analyst.

If all things are equal and three teams happen to be tied. Bob on TSN said that the russians would be in a favourable position to be first if it came down to Goals For. That should make all the russian fans happy....

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hart_House_Ca said:
I think its heads to heads match up. If more than two teams are tied then its Goals for only in those games that those three have played each other.

I think these are NHL rules.

Official rules please!

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
I don't know the official rules, but this is from a TSN anaylst that has probably looked up the official rules before making this comment on national television.

You could probably go to the offical tournament website to find the tournament rule book.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hart_House_Ca said:

This is a second hand info from TSN analyst.

If all things are equal and three teams happen to be tied. Bob on TSN said that the russians would be in a favourable position to be first if it came down to Goals For. That should make all the russian fans happy....

This is the official IIHF rules.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
wilka91 said:
I tried to check the IIHF rulebook, but the English version doesn't work ... :mad:

I have the rulebook in Icelandic, if that helps.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Yeah, they were talkin bout it last night on TSN. First tiebreaker is the head to head matchup. If that doesnt solve it it goes to goal differential

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
goal differential for all the games, or goal differential only between the teams that are tied?

in other words, would goals against Belarus count against the US in the tie breaker?

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
no. only goal differentials between all the teams that are tied against each other.

If usa, russia and czechs were all tied, only the games they played with each other count towards goal differentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad