Line Combos: Do the Shuffle

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Pearson-Kopitar-Gaborik ----- Pearson and Gaborik can cause trouble with their speed
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Mersch-I Don't Know-Brown ------ Shore needs to get sent down and Mersch brought up, Brown- Traded
Clifford-Andreoff-Lewis -------- Atleast a 4th line that can play D and give others a breather
Nolan

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Mcnabb
Martinez-Mcbain
Erhoff

Quick
Enroth

I'm assuming you don't have the D lined up left right?

But I'd have it like this.

McN-DD
JM-AM
DF-McB

Then while DD minutes start to sore, you don't pile up McN minutes, and you take DF away from McB a little bit to give McN a breather. DF will get into the flow more, and McN won't get so tired and ineffective. The second pair has been just about right. McB plays PP. DF PK.

Ron*

I think someone else mentioned it in another thread, but I had to laugh out loud when Sutter was experimenting with the lines with game well in hand at 4-1.

I think it would be funny as hell if the Gaborik/Andreoff/Lewis line actually clicked! :laugh:

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Mersch kopitar brown
lucic carter toffoli
pearson lewis king
clifford shore nolan

drew McNabb
new defenseman *for some combo of gaborik weal 2nd in 17 or greene muzzin
martinez forbort
eurhoff

I expect this is the lineup sometime in jan I will come back to see how close i am

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Mersch-Lewis/Weal-Brown
Clifford-Shore-King
Weal/Lewis, Andreoff

Lewis is the utility knife as always, we know Sutter loves his pairings

DD-McNabb
Martinez-Muzzin
Forbort-McBain
Greene

Could see a scenario in which we bring in a longer-term top 4 dman (Shattenkirk type, anything less is a marginal upgrade not worth assets) OR DL goes nuts and goes all-in getting another rental like Byfuglien

Edit: holy crap forgot Pearson :laugh: ...yeah we've got quite a 'mess' to clean up. That's a good problem.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Kopitar - Weal
Mersch - Lewis - Brown
Clifford - Crescenzi - Gaborik
King
Nolan
Shore
Andreoff

Doughty - McNabb
Martinez - Muzzin
Forbort - Ehrhoff
McBain
Others
Anyone
No one
(...)
Dust
Silence
Void
Greene
Schultz

Quick
Enroth

Ron*

who thinks Shore needs to go say I !

Shore is properly being placed on the 4th line. Andreoff, who has been playing better than Shore, is now on the third line, centering Gaborik and Lewis. It will be interesting if Sutter sticks with this new third line for long...Kind of looking forward to tomorrow night.

Hope Shore doesn't **** up the 4th line's production. :)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hopefully there is a good 3C available for relatively cheap at the deadline.

I wish the Kings were able to develop an Eric Belanger or Yanic Perreault type center again, excellent at faceoffs and had the ability to setup their linemates and also played special teams.

Was hoping Shore would be that guy but he seems like a lesser Trevor Lewis. Maybe he'll come around later, but they need some bit of possession time in the offensive zone from their bottom six.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Surprised Shore is playing so poorly. He is a much better Center, than he is showing.

Kid is struggling.

member 88115

Our third line seems to be missing that big winger that can win the board battle to bring the puck to the net or point. Oh King how you are missed! I wished they would of given Mersch a chance on that line.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
A game off might benefit him. Watch with a coach or player development guy. Or Batman.

I can agree with that. It just looks like he's overthinking out there. He doesn't look completely outmatched or anything, just tentative. I think he'll be a good one once his instincts take over, I'd like to hope he can be a Belanger type since he seems to have the defensive side down pat and has proven to have a good offensive IQ, just may need the Martinez treatment.

Captain Mittens*

I can agree with that. It just looks like he's overthinking out there. He doesn't look completely outmatched or anything, just tentative. I think he'll be a good one once his instincts take over, I'd like to hope he can be a Belanger type since he seems to have the defensive side down pat and has proven to have a good offensive IQ, just may need the Martinez treatment.

KINGS_Alec_DL.jpg

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
i think shore got brought up a bit too early; he would've benefitted from spending all of last season with the monarchs. he was good in the playoffs down there, with 18 pts, though only 4 goals. i'm not sure those 34 nhl games last year made much difference in his game/development. and he's even still able to clear waivers now.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
hypothetical: let's say if kopitar and pearson is a fix, who should join them? i've noticed some pretty things in this combo, some chemistry, but mostly without brown included...

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
hypothetical: let's say if kopitar and pearson is a fix, who should join them? i've noticed some pretty things in this combo, some chemistry, but mostly without brown included...

Weal or Matt Greene.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
http://lakingsinsider.com/2015/11/11/november-11-practice-notes-siriusxm-audio/

Yellow: Pearson-Kopitar-Gaborik
Blue: Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
White: Brown-Shore-Lewis
Purple: Clifford-Andreoff-Nolan-Weal

-Defensive pairings were the same as those used at the start of last night’s game: McNabb-Doughty, Muzzin-Martinez, Forbort-McBain and Ehrhoff-Greene.

-After some rushes and flow drills, the team took part in special teams work in which the penalty killers held their sticks by the blades, thus opening up the opportunity for additional lanes and crisp movement. The Kings’ power play is 9-for-26 over the last 10 games.

-The questions about Dwight King’s status on Twitter have increased on the last week, but the forward hasn’t resumed skating. He’s still in a walking boot. This Saturday will mark six weeks since he suffered a broken foot that required surgery; his original timeline was 8-10 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad