Line Combos: Do the Shuffle

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Goals or no goals, Brown is one hell of a good third line winger. If only he was being paid like one.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
It should be.......

Pearson-Kopitar-Weal
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Gaborik-Lewis-Brown
Clifford-Shore-Andreoff

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
^ interesting but won't happen

so i would do

Pearson-Kopitar-Brown
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Gaborik-Weal-Lewis
Clifford-Shore-Andreoff

maybe weal in the centre could help lewis/gabi finish on chances. but i do think the top line needs to be shifted to create a spark and to me shore's more of a 4th line centre because he generates no points (2 goals is 50+ games?)but he is solid in the dot and defensively.

alternately reunite 70s but make them top line

pearson-carter-toffoli
lucic-kopitar-brown
gaba-weal-lewis
clifford-shore-AA

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
^ interesting but won't happen

so i would do

Pearson-Kopitar-Brown
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Gaborik-Weal-Lewis
Clifford-Shore-Andreoff

maybe weal in the centre could help lewis/gabi finish on chances. but i do think the top line needs to be shifted to create a spark and to me shore's more of a 4th line centre because he generates no points (2 goals is 50+ games?)but he is solid in the dot and defensively.

alternately reunite 70s but make them top line

pearson-carter-toffoli
lucic-kopitar-brown
gaba-weal-lewis
clifford-shore-AA

We've already seen Looch not play well with Kopi, changing the other wing wont change that

Ron*

Weal-Weal-Weal
Weal-Weal-Weal
Weal-Weal-Weal
Weal-Weal-Weal

Weal-Weal
Weal-Weal
Weal-Weal

Weal
Enroth

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Looks good to me. Gives Kopitar some good forecheckers that play simple north-south hockey, letting him focus on his own game and hopefully upping his tempo a bit. Gaborik had his best game of the season on Shore's wing so maybe this will help.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Meh, why not?

Getting the feeling that Kopitar is going to be massively overpaid by some team.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Here's why the shuffle keeps happening. Taking out empty net goals, 3 on 3 OT goals, and 4 on 4 goals, just going the normal, standard, majority of the time 5 on 5:

Toffoli - 4, 2, 6
Carter - 3, 2, 5
Muzzin - 1, 4, 5
Doughty - 0, 4, 4
Kopitar - 2, 1, 3
Lucic - 1, 2, 3
Brown - 0, 3, 3
McNabb - 0, 3, 3
Martinez - 1, 1, 2
Lewis - 0, 2, 2
Clifford - 0, 2, 2
Gaborik - 1, 0, 1
Pearson - 1, 0, 1
Andreoff - 1, 0, 1
Shore - 1, 0, 1
McBain - 0, 1, 1
Nolan - 0, 1, 1
Forbort - 0, 0, 0
Schultz - 0, 0, 0
Greene - 0, 0, 0
Weal - 0, 0, 0
Ehrhoff - 0, 0, 0

Brown leads the forwards in 5 on 5 assists. Shore hasn't scored since the first game, almost the first minute of the first game, and he's still only 2 points behind Kopitar. Tied with Gaborik. Oddly enough, the Shore and Gaborik goals were primarily assisted by? One Dustin Brown.

Pearson has a couple of assists at 3v3 and 4v4. Who was he out there with? Kopitar. One of the assists for Lewis? In the Hawks game, when Kopitar scored.

Considering the alternatives, those new lines make sense from the production.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Has sutter tried TT away from carts, just to mess up our top producing line? It might jumpstart Gabby and Kopi (points wise)

Brown, Kopi, TT
Lucic, Carts, Gaborik
Pearson, Shore, Lewis
Clifford, Andreoff, Nolan/Weal

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
Here's why the shuffle keeps happening. Taking out empty net goals, 3 on 3 OT goals, and 4 on 4 goals, just going the normal, standard, majority of the time 5 on 5:

Toffoli - 4, 2, 6
Carter - 3, 2, 5
Muzzin - 1, 4, 5
Doughty - 0, 4, 4
Kopitar - 2, 1, 3
Lucic - 1, 2, 3
Brown - 0, 3, 3
McNabb - 0, 3, 3
Martinez - 1, 1, 2
Lewis - 0, 2, 2
Clifford - 0, 2, 2
Gaborik - 1, 0, 1
Pearson - 1, 0, 1
Andreoff - 1, 0, 1
Shore - 1, 0, 1
McBain - 0, 1, 1
Nolan - 0, 1, 1
Forbort - 0, 0, 0
Schultz - 0, 0, 0
Greene - 0, 0, 0
Weal - 0, 0, 0
Ehrhoff - 0, 0, 0

Brown leads the forwards in 5 on 5 assists. Shore hasn't scored since the first game, almost the first minute of the first game, and he's still only 2 points behind Kopitar. Tied with Gaborik. Oddly enough, the Shore and Gaborik goals were primarily assisted by? One Dustin Brown.

Pearson has a couple of assists at 3v3 and 4v4. Who was he out there with? Kopitar. One of the assists for Lewis? In the Hawks game, when Kopitar scored.

Considering the alternatives, those new lines make sense from the production.

now add in time on ice and games played for an even more accurate assessment.

Last edited:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Pearson-Kopitar-Gaborik ----- Pearson and Gaborik can cause trouble with their speed
Lucic-Carter-Toffoli
Mersch-I Don't Know-Brown ------ Shore needs to get sent down and Mersch brought up, Brown- Traded
Clifford-Andreoff-Lewis -------- Atleast a 4th line that can play D and give others a breather
Nolan

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Mcnabb
Martinez-Mcbain
Erhoff

Quick
Enroth

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Article on hockeybuzz about the corsi numbers of the Kings 4th line...ouch.

Nolan needs a wake up call. One fight, no goals and Clifford has been doing all the fighting. Andreoff is proving he is a gamer and has one goal, but he is awful in the face off circle. Clifford, well, his brain is going to be mush if Nolan doesn't start helping him out.

If you are a 4th line player you either be hitting, scoring or fighting. Nolan has done barely the first.

Weal should rotate in a bit more.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Kings won two Stanley Cups without fighting.

This isn't Blades of Steel where the winning fighter gets nothing and the loser gets a penalty.

How about going to a fourth line that actually has someone with some speed or offensive ability.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

This isn't Blades of Steel where the winning fighter gets nothing and the loser gets a penalty.

How about going to a fourth line that actually has someone with some speed or offensive ability.

You're talkin' crazy! Sutter would never allow it, he loves ground game too much to change to a skilled 4th.:laugh:

Oh Snap

Very Wet Island
Jan 21, 2008
California, USA
Get Gaborik away from Brown and I guarantee you'll see his production go up.

Pearson - Kopitar - Gaborik
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Weal - Lewis - Brown
Clifford - Shore - Andreoff

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
One thing that's changed with this team for the worse is their cycle game in the offensive zone. Not seeing it so much. Could chalk it up to the loss of Williams. I just don't see much good puck movement or cohesion from any line save for what Carter and Toffoli have going between them.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
One thing that's changed with this team for the worse is their cycle game in the offensive zone. Not seeing it so much. Could chalk it up to the loss of Williams. I just don't see much good puck movement or cohesion from any line save for what Carter and Toffoli have going between them.

I agree.

Chemistry is a funky thing. Stick and Kopi had great chemistry at times. He had some playmaking ability which allowed kopi to play off the puck once in awhile.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

Have you been eating M&Ms?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad