Do players not play through injuries anymore (Nylander)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

The ultimate hardcore play. Campbell breaks his leg blocking a shot and keeps playing

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
He was ready to play and cleared by the doctors. Keefe had him pencilled in. But he's so soft and would rather take the easy, lazy way out and just watch. I'm almost 100% sure it's because he's a Euro and a new breed of wusses... is that it?

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
He was ready to play and cleared by the doctors. Keefe had him pencilled in. But he's so soft and would rather take the easy, lazy way out and just watch. I'm almost 100% sure it's because he's a Euro and a new breed of wusses... is that it?
Hey Mr Cherry, is that you? Know any good poppy shops, eh?

(Yes I know your post was pure sarcasm)

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Stone is incredibly team oriented. Each year he plays through injuries, takes one for the team, despite the risks involved
Mark Stone happens to be injured right before the TDL and then good to go for game 1 when the cap doesn't matter. Team first guy 100%.

I guess we should have drafted Nick Ritchie then. Good Canadian boy! Unlike Willy from Calgary

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

Oh look at that.

Nylander has talked about getting migraines in the past, its why he always wears a tinted visor now.
Migraines are zero fun. Especially when you don’t know why you have them or where they’re coming from.

Didn’t know he had them in the past and that’s why he wears a tinted visor.

A lot of the hot early takes look pretty bad now.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Mark Stone happens to be injured right before the TDL and then good to go for game 1 when the cap doesn't matter. Team first guy 100%.

I guess we should have drafted Nick Ritchie then. Good Canadian boy! Unlike Willy from Calgary
Exactly. Willy is basically a soft Euro, even if he’s from Calgary. Nick Ritchie would go through a wall to win… well, if he could skate fast enough to break it.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’m assuming this is likely a troll thread as there’s literally dozens of players that are battling injuries in the playoffs every season. If the reports on Nylander are close to true, I hope that he doesn’t get rushed into a dangerous situation that could cause him lifelong harm. If he’s cleared, I hope it’s for the right reasons.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If we just wait a week or so we can laugh all we want at the Leafs. This is a tasteless thread to troll the Leafs.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I'd say just look at Ryan Lindgren if you want to see an example of players playing through injuries.

... But ...

Cyborgs get damaged, not injured.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This seems a bit dramatic
IMG_1579.jpeg

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Remember when Peter chicken Forsberg sat out two playoff rounds after his spleen got a little bump. Cowardly behaviour.

Meanwhile Stone was back for game 1 of the playoffs. Players today are real men.

Reactions: Barnum

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Remember when Peter chicken Forsberg sat out two playoff rounds after his spleen got a little bump. Cowardly behaviour.

Meanwhile Stone was back for game 1 of the playoffs. Players today are real men.
Back then that was code for "he basically needed to grow a new spleen."

Today it's code for "he was rested for the playoffs while we circumvented the cap."

• Haha
Reactions: Barnum and sting101

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
They're LTIRing him during the playoffs so they can miraculously insert him onto the golf course for game 1 of golf season. They need to close this loophole
lmao. i honestly feel bad for willy, he had a pretty dang good season. maybe its playoffs PTSD...they are playing the bruins ya know

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Hopefully this has already been said here or in other threads already, but just my two cents: migraines are the worst thing on earth. You can't understand if you've never had them. It's too bad they've been conflated with generic "headache" or whatnot, they are, no matter who you are, EXTREMELY debilitating, and monstrously awful. I wish Nylander the best, and hopefully the Leafs fanbase doesn't eat him alive.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hopefully this has already been said here or in other threads already, but just my two cents: migraines are the worst thing on earth. You can't understand if you've never had them. It's too bad they've been conflated with generic "headache" or whatnot, they are, no matter who you are, EXTREMELY debilitating, and monstrously awful. I wish Nylander the best, and hopefully the Leafs fanbase doesn't eat him alive.
Yep. It’s awful that they get compared to every day run of the mill headaches.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Nylander loves to play hockey and he's not one to sit out games, so it must be pretty serious if he can't suit up.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I heard that unlike the Knights, Leafs players skip the playoffs to focus and be in top shape for regular season. Someday they will win the president trophy

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad