Do Junior Hockey Player go to school ?

WideOUT

May 16, 2021
Do Canadian junior players go to school regardless of the level (regardless of whether it is CHL or Tier 3) and in the USA do junior players also go to school there?

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Do Canadian junior players go to school regardless of the level (regardless of whether it is CHL or Tier 3) and in the USA do junior players also go to school there?

If they are of high school age, then they all go to high school regardless of level or country.

If they are high school graduates, it is very common to take college courses regardless of level or country.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The CHL has standardized education for all players.

This is shown in many different was high school aged players usually have agreements with the local education boards through the teams to go to school while playing while older players who are college/university level have agreements with either local or satellite campuses. This is regardless of the the country the team is located.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
it'd be a bit hard for USHL and Junior A Canadian Hockey players to be NCAA eligible if they weren't going to school...

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yes - although CHL players have a completely different experience when going to high school and playing semi-pro hockey than you and I.

When Jason Spezza went to school in Windsor - he was a complete knob and would just F*** around all day. When a teacher would ask him for his work he'd say something along the lines of "I'll be in the NHL in a year, I don't need to do this shit" Which he was somewhat correct in saying so, even though he "failed" the teachers just passed him along not wanting to get on his bad side. Many other Junior kids unfortunately have the same attitudes when it comes to school - thinking they're going to make the NHL so they don't take it seriously. So long story short, all junior kids go to school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad