Dishnetwork has no clue the lockout has ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyesk8r

Aug 2, 2005
For those of you hockey fans in the US that have Dish net...

Dish net is playing hard ball, i called on aug 1st to see what was going on with center ice, and they told me they were waiting for the NHL schedule before they posted the rate for center ice. I just got off the phone with them again and now they told me that, "incase i didn't know the NHL season was cancelled and until they get a release saying that there is going to be an NHL season" now tell me that something isn't fishy over there. I told them i would be happy to send them a press release and an nhl schedule, and they said there marketing people were on it. I also informed them that if they do not carry the nhl package then they will be lossing a lot of cutomers. :madfire:

I urge all hockey fans memebers that have dish to please call, and urge them to post some info on the NHL package, and please make a big fuss about it.

I really don't want to go back to directv, dish has the most HD channels available right now.

Call dish and make a fuss 1-800-333-dish (3474)

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Dude, no kidding. I emailed them last week to see when they would have ANY info on this season and haven't heard anything yet. I'm calling them today.

chiavsfan

Comcast told me they were going to have Center Ice, but that the NHL hadn't set the price yet. Apparently, they are behind that, and just haven't decided to keep it the same, or lower the price. There is still a month before pre-season starts...relax a bit

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I can definately see a discout on Center Ice. A great way of saying "were sorry" to the die hard fans IMHO.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
Just a heads-up with Dish Network and the Center Ice Package. Here's the reply that I got:

Thank you for your e-mail. We will have information regarding the 2005-2006 NHL Center Ice package as soon as it becomes available. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
eyesk8r said:
I just got off the phone with them again and now they told me that, "incase i didn't know the NHL season was cancelled and until they get a release saying that there is going to be an NHL season"
:biglaugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Ive asked people this before, right now I have comcast digital cable, but im looking to switch to either directv or dishnetwork possibly, because looking at the prices it looks like it might be cheaper, plus I heard you can hook the dish up to multiple TV's for free. I would just like to get some feedback and opinions on what dish provider you like better, directv or dish network, also, if you think comcast is better than both of them id like some feedback on that too. Thanks.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Personally I like Directv but you do have to pay for each TV after one. It is 4.99 for each additional TV per month.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
RangerBoy said:
No 24% rollback here ;)

Do you recall what the "early bird" price for 2003-04 was? I think $159 as a regular price is the highest price ever in the US. If that EB price of $129 is higher than the EB price for 2003-04, I'll just be watching the games on OLN/ESPN/whatever.

eyesk8r

Aug 2, 2005
Trizent said:
NO real discount.

Directv has NHL CI pricing up.

129 Early Bird (before 10/31)
159 Regular Price

That's what's bugging me about dishnet. directv has there prices up and dish thinks there is still a lockout, and is waiting until information becomes readily available to them. sounds like they have no clue, what's going on.

But has far as packages and HD goes, dishnet is the way to go. they have about 15 or 16 hd channels all but 3 of them are commercial free. and they have the HBO comedy channel, which after many calls and inquires to directv, they still fail to carry it.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Even ExpressVu still has its "lockout on" page up.

http://www.bell.ca/shop/PrsShpTvPPV_Sports.page

I've talked to a Bell rep on the phone who said that Center Ice will be $179 CDN this year... but it seems sloppy to sa the least that a Canadian-based provider still hasn't updated their website to reflect the end of the lockout.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
eyesk8r said:
That's what's bugging me about dishnet. directv has there prices up and dish thinks there is still a lockout, and is waiting until information becomes readily available to them. sounds like they have no clue, what's going on.

But has far as packages and HD goes, dishnet is the way to go. they have about 15 or 16 hd channels all but 3 of them are commercial free. and they have the HBO comedy channel, which after many calls and inquires to directv, they still fail to carry it.
But D* has much more aggressive plans for future HD programming, including launching 5 new satellites (2 already up) over two years. Starting this November, they will begin offering HD local channels (HD LiL) in the top 12 US markets, and all current markets by 2007. They will have the capacity to support upwards of 150 national HD channels in addition to all the HD LiLs. The new satellites and a shift to more efficent MPEG4 will give D* a very significant HD advantage over Dish.

But as I said in another thread, this is www.hfboards.com and not www.avsforum.com .

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Egil said:
I can definately see a discout on Center Ice. A great way of saying "were sorry" to the die hard fans IMHO.

You're forgetting that your'e talking about the NHL here. Its a shame so many people thought the lockout was for them.

Original6

I work in the TV field *Cough Rogers Cable Cough* and honestly have a fair amount of dirt on other companies(even in the US). Even though dishnetwork has more channels (if you have all 3 signals), they are probably one of the worst companies out there. They end up in contractual fights with stations and end up losing stations for a period of time. Comcast/Directv are the way to go eventhough directv does not has less channels it is the most satisfactory Satelite service in the continental US today.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Ive asked people this before, right now I have comcast digital cable, but im looking to switch to either directv or dishnetwork possibly, because looking at the prices it looks like it might be cheaper, plus I heard you can hook the dish up to multiple TV's for free. I would just like to get some feedback and opinions on what dish provider you like better, directv or dish network, also, if you think comcast is better than both of them id like some feedback on that too. Thanks.

I've been with DN for around 3 years and like you i switched from Comcast. right now i have two recievers hooked up and yes it was free (you can get up to 4 rooms). I've also moved twice in those 3 years and they've come out and re-installed the dish for free both times.

It's just so much cheaper than Comcast so i cant see why i'd ever go back.

imyourhuckleberry

Nyaaa..What's Up Doc
Sep 1, 2003
I just got the dishnetwork for my apartment. I live in Buffalo and sabre games are going to be on msg this season. Adelphia cable I know would show the games on msg, but they are telling me at dish that the games will be shown on my Regional Sports Network (RSN) which is foxsportspittsburg2. Is this common, how could they put a game on fox sports that is normally on msg? im concerned i wont get to watch the games. I thought about getting center ice..when i called today i got the whole thing about the lockout...im not satisfied with dish so far.....help

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Cox Cable still shows the season as "Cancelled" as well. Wow does the NHL have a long way to go to gain respectability!! :(

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i've always gotten center ice from cablevision\io digital cable here in NJ...but at the moment it's not even listed(though to be fair, neither is NBA league pass or the NFL package)

anyone in the area know if it's just too early at this point? will it be available closer to the season's start?

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
nomorekids said:
i've always gotten center ice from cablevision\io digital cable here in NJ...but at the moment it's not even listed(though to be fair, neither is NBA league pass or the NFL package)

anyone in the area know if it's just too early at this point? will it be available closer to the season's start?

Your cable company offers NFL Sunday Ticket? DirecTV paid a lot of money for that exclusive. I doubt you will be seeing that listed there.

rabi

Feb 27, 2002
Lancaster, NY
Visit site
Sabres22 said:
but they are telling me at dish that the games will be shown on my Regional Sports Network (RSN) which is foxsportspittsburg2. Is this common, how could they put a game on fox sports that is normally on msg? im concerned i wont get to watch the games.

The stupid CSR didn't answer your question correctly...
As of right now, you will NOT be receiving Sabres games(on MSG) on DISH or Directv...

Sabres & MSG have not swung a deal with either satellite company to ensure that those dish owners can see their games...

Since there is no RSN in Buffalo right now, Dish Network gives you FOX Pittsburgh...you will see Pittsburgh games, not Sabres games...

And, to make matters worse, as of now, any Sabres home game that is televised by another RSN when it is televised by MSG, will be blacked out in Buffalo on Center Ice...because of local exclusivity...you'd have to have cable to watch it...

So, basically as of now, you're going to only be able to watch road games televised by the other RSNs that aren't televised by MSG...

BUT...all this changes when MSG/Sabres make a deal with the Sats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad