OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Missed the game, was only following on livescore.

Perfect result

1) MU won
2) MU won in the Fergie time against Wenger
3) Mkhitaryan scored

I hope that Lukaku's injury is not serious and he'll be ready for the cup final

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The smart teams are getting young DP's from South America (or in the case of Giovinco Europe) who can tear the league up (us signing Kaku is a perfect example of this). Even the Bronx Blood Money have switched to this approach, which is the one that will lead to success. Signing Euro dinosaurs at stupid prices is the MLS V2.0 strategy that is totally out of date, but I guess ownership was interested in filling the new stadium.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The smart teams are getting young DP's from South America (or in the case of Giovinco Europe) who can tear the league up (us signing Kaku is a perfect example of this). Even the Bronx Blood Money have switched to this approach, which is the one that will lead to success. Signing Euro dinosaurs at stupid prices is the MLS V2.0 strategy that is totally out of date, but I guess ownership was interested in filling the new stadium.

They need to create some interest. He should do fine.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They need to create some interest. He should do fine.
There are tons of players they could've got with that money who are way better and would do far more to help the team. Why do you think Everton is so glad to move on from him? If he comes in and the team continues to lose the novelty will wear out real fast.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There are tons of players they could've got with that money who are way better and would do far more to help the team. Why do you think Everton is so glad to move on from him? If he comes in and the team continues to lose the novelty will wear out real fast.

Yes, obviously there are younger potentially better (if available) options....likely NONE who the US average fan has ever heard of so from a marketing perspective, they would do nothing for a historically bad team (of late) that needs to win AND draw at the gate. The “better options” players have to want to come here too remember.

Rooney will score in MLS if he’s used properly IMO.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Rooney will score in MLS if he’s used properly IMO.

I feel similarly. MLS is still a retirement league for a reason. And they could use a big name for the new stadium as the team overall is pretty poor, chiefly because they haven’t spent any money in a while. He will without a doubt make them a better team.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If they're going to drop a ton of cash on a former Man U striker I'd rather it'd be Chicharito. He's younger and more dynamic at this stage in their respective careers. He'd also be a huge marketing attraction.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
If they're going to drop a ton of cash on a former Man U striker I'd rather it'd be Chicharito. He's younger and more dynamic at this stage in their respective careers. He'd also be a huge marketing attraction.
We can still sign a 3rd player. According to reports we would have 3.
1.Arriola
2.Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad