OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn’t look great. But whatever, take the slot. Win though would’ve been awesome, now they are 3rd prob will have a harder draw.
They’re likely in pot two with Mexico while Canada and CR will be in pot four. Don’t see them dropping to pot three even with the loss.

I have many thoughts on this qualification cycle, the team, and the coaching staff but until the draw on Friday I’ll just be pleased with qualifying.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Doing the draw before the intercontinental playoffs not a good idea.
I suppose there will be more restrictions/conditions now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Dumb Q — are the draws random? Well, aside from the rules of keeping teams from the same qualifying leagues away from each other?

Obv everyone is drooling at the prospect of getting Qatar as their Pot 1 team.
They’re mostly random other than what you ready pointed out. Only UEFA is allowed to have more than one team in a group but otherwise they just let the ping pong balls do the work.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What the f*** am I watching with this draw? This shit is absurd, but awarding the World Cup to Qatar was absurd so I guess it fits the bill. Been so focused on qualifying that I forgot how gross it is that Qatar is hosting.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Qatar is the reigning champion of the Asian Cup.

Edit : 2019 AFC Asian Cup - Wikipedia

Won every games including against Saudi Arabia in the group. South Korea in 1/4 and Japan in the final.
Only 1 goal against (Japan in the final)
Yeah but …. Ranked out of the top 50 in FIFA (granted, 51), but that’s a far cry from top 8-10 overall, like the other Pot 1 teams

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Fill us in, for those that cannot watch it
It’a 12:46 ET and they still haven’t started the draw even though it was billed to start at 11:30am, but there have been some very strange presentations and a few live performances. Qatar unveiled its mascot which is a ghost-like figure called Ka-eeb which people are already saying is the ghost of all the dead migrant workers. It’s been strange.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lol got home just in time to miss the bullshit and see the draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad