Different EDM-NYI Trade Scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Provided this author's opinion piece comes to fruition and he is shopped, who do you offer?

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-edmonton-oilers-must-trade-jordan-eberle/

To Edmonton: Bailey/Grabner, Pulock, 2nd in 2016

To NYI: Jordan Eberle

He's a RW though I believe, maybe he or Okposo can switch sides, but that's one dominating first line at the expense of Bailey/Grabner. I know Pulock is playing lights out, but I think that's the only thing that makes Edmonton consider this trade.

Not enough? What do you guys think? Gonna take a first instead of a 2nd?

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Eberle is so one dimensional... I'm not doing it. Pulock looks like he can be something really special, and we've exhausted enough draft picks already.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
No Eberle is very soft and one dimensional, no interest in him. The only winger from Edmonton I would want is Yakupov (Hall is unrealistic). I wouldn't make any trades yet though, the team is playing well, no need to shakeup the locker room.

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
The Islanders are not needing an Eberle, they've got a solid lineup with a rebuild almost successfully completed. Any swap of Eberle to the Isles would have to be one-sided in favor of the Islanders, and would not feature a top-line center or defensive stud going back, which is what Edmonton needs. Try Arizona or Buffalo or some other offensively starved teams with good defenseman that they may be willing to give up.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I'd only take Eberle if he could play left wing and even if he could I'm not moving Pulock.

Maybe Reinhart, Grabner/Bailey and a 2016 2nd but I don't know if Edmonton would accept that. Maybe someone with move knowledge than me can give some insight to Eberle's value right now.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
ZERO interest in Eberle, ZERO. He's a better version of Brad Boyes, no thanks. Big whoop that he puts up points, he brings almost nothing else to the table AND he has a stupid contract.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I would never do this.

I'd like to stick with what we have tbh. This is a good team that has been playing together forever, it's working, let it be.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
not even sure i'd trade bailey for eberle straight up - well, I probably would, but I'm not sure $6MM for the next four years is the right move to add to an Isles team that has no need for a small winger who can produce offense and little else.

I always liked Eberle, still do. I also like Sam Gagner, but those types of players come with risk, especially if their production starts to drop - as it has with Eberle.

I remember Derek Roy was once a pretty nice scorer then fell off the map. Not sure what to make of Eberle at this stage but $6MM x 4 is a lot of money for a budget team like the Islanders. A team that has to think about re-signing guys like Leddy, Hickey, Boychuk, Strome, Lee, Nelson, Nielsen and Okposo before that Eberle deal is done.

Contract value and use of the cap matters a heck of a lot these days.

Big Eberle fan but not sure this is the right move for the Islanders - certainly not for a guy like Pulock and a very serviceable two-way player like Bailey.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Huh? Why do we overpay? They are the ones dripping in offensive talent. We have the defensive prospects. They can overpay, not us.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The Islanders should only be trading for a clear upgrade at a position. I wouldn't potentially overpay for an offensively only player...there's no need. We're scoring a ton of goals and Tavares isn't playing well, so why are we going to move anything other than Conacher?

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Pass.. with all due respect to the OP there seems to be a consistent theme of trying to get rid of Bailey at any cost in many of his posts. I respect your opinion if this is the case but disagree. I think Bailey is a useful cog for this team and should only be traded if someone is willing to overpay. No need to force it.

Edit: I forgot to even mention the Pulock part.. I think (hoping) that he may be a stud..

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The Islanders should only be trading for a clear upgrade at a position. I wouldn't potentially overpay for an offensively only player...there's no need. We're scoring a ton of goals and Tavares isn't playing well, so why are we going to move anything other than Conacher?

Love the wording - a "clear upgrade"

it's an odd feeling to be looking at the Islanders at the top THIRD of the league standings, having played with (and beaten) the best teams in the league this year, still one of the youngest teams with HUGE potential on the current roster and even more in junior - a team that needs to add NOTHING right now.

A team who's a BUYER, that doesn't really need anything. Like walking through a mall at Christmas with thousands of dollars in your pocket but nothing really gets your attention - nice feeling for a change (as in, since 1983).

When the Isles have a successful 2014-15, let some team "buy high" on a player like Bailey who would be much more attractive once he's a "contributing member to a winning team" rather than "a prospect who never met expectations and could use a change in scenery" - as many (even NYI fans) see him.

I say "walk away" from most/all trade offers on HF.

I'd even be hesitant on what we perceive to be an "upgrade" - I really think most of our players, especially our defense, is largely underrated both by Isles fans and especially other fan bases, the media, other teams.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Let's be honest here Eberle's value is much higher then a very good prosect and a couple of throw in pieces.

All that being said with Okposo and Strome, a top 6 RW is the least of our problems at this moment

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Don't see how ditching a player like Bailey (not an emotional leader by any means) or an injured guy who isn't even part of the equation right now could be upsetting chemistry, but whatever.

Dunno which Bailey you are watching but the one I have been watching has been solid since returning from injury, not to mention he is on pace for a near career high with even lower TOI.

He's also producing a .10 click higher PPG then last year.

I could see if Bailey came out of the gate slumping, but he has not. He has played very solid hockey for the Islanders so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad