Did you think Mackinnon’s AAV on his new contract was above or below 12.6 AAV?

Did you think Mackinnon’s new contract AAV was above or below 12.6 mil before it was announced

• Total voters

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I thought he would only ask for league minimum since he said he would leave money on the table
Well technically the first 2 seasons he will be getting paid the league minimum of 750k all season haha.... But he just happens to be getting a bonus of 16.5 mill those seasons before the season starts lol

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
MacKinnon stated he would take a discount... So, getting the biggest contract EVER in NHL is one? Well, have fun signing Newhook, Toews to extensions.
Also, theese MacKinnons "I was the most underpaid in NHL" can also be taken with a grain of salt. Having the benefit playing with Rantanen and Landeskog for sure bumped his stats. He also didnt perform this well when signed his last one. Barkov was 5.9M and took 10M. I`d like to see how a Landeskog-Barkov-Rantanen line would do. Skating isnt everything.

VS.

Then we could go to the D:s behind them...
What even is this terribly formatted all-caps diagram post of a cup winning team and a team that got swept by the cup winning teams opponent?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I repeatedly stated his new contract would be between $12.55-12.65 million per season over 8 years but seemed obvious to me

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I think it's always surprising whenever a player sets a new salary high. Less so if it's the player widely considered the best in the world.
I think it has as much to do with how most people usually react to a change to the "norm". Even when the norm is due for a shift.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
MacKinnon stated he would take a discount... So, getting the biggest contract EVER in NHL is one? Well, have fun signing Newhook, Toews to extensions.
Also, theese MacKinnons "I was the most underpaid in NHL" can also be taken with a grain of salt. Having the benefit playing with Rantanen and Landeskog for sure bumped his stats. He also didnt perform this well when signed his last one. Barkov was 5.9M and took 10M. I`d like to see how a Landeskog-Barkov-Rantanen line would do. Skating isnt everything.

VS.

Then we could go to the D:s behind them...
Barkov left money on the table and has the no income tax state on his side.

Mackinnon will look underpaid again as the cap rises. Barkov’s will look stupidly underpaid.

Just wait until Connor signs in 4 years in a $90m plus upper cap limit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad