Speculation: Did Torts pull his goalie KNOWING Detroit tied the game and the Flyers were already eliminated?

Did Torts pull his goalie knowing Detroit tied the game?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Exactly. A game that directly effects his team he isn't getting to the second updates? Philadelphia was watching our game as much as we were watching theirs. How did the Wings know the caps scored immediately? Torts is full of shit.
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Torts is such an attention-seeking jackass, if he did it intentionally (and I still have no idea why he would), there's no way he could keep his mouth shut about it.
I think he would get fined by the league or worse to admit something like this. It's basically cheating for the caps...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
For how often he's accused of being a dumb troglodyte around here he also seems like an evil genius is what I'm gathering from this thread.....

Shhhhh, I spoke with Torts 8 weeks ago and he told me that if he got the chance to screw Detroit over, he would take it. Something to do with their not being enough chocolate glazed donuts in catering last time they were in Detroit.

Because he is an asshole. He was playing dumb.

Their is ZERO logic to this. He has no reason to screw Detroit over at all. What is he in love with Ovechkin and wants to see another playoff run from Ovy?

Reactions: Realgud

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The issue is if he KNEW Detroit tied the game and they were already ELIMINATED why the f*** is he pulling the goalie and giving a playoff berth to the caps.

First, as a coach, you insulate yourself and your players to make sure you don’t know what’s happening in the other game as best you can. A team quitting because they have nothing to play for is a recipe for people to be fired, players to be cut, reputations to be destroyed. The likelihood of him knowing was minimal.

Second, it’s Torts behind the bench. If he was going to f*** anyone, it would be the Capitals, a divisional rival, that he was playing in that moment.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Whatever dude. Lol say what you want I feel like he knew and was being reckless because in his mind he can just pretend to not know and try to win his game on regulation. His motives are his motives but to say he 1000% didn't know when they get up-to-the-SECOND updates is horse shit...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I blame Lalonde. Why didn't he call a timeout in the Philly game as soon as the Wings scored? Just a ten-second call to the Flyers' bench: "Torts, you're f--ked. Don't pull the effing goalie."
I mean maybe. But can they communicate with the Flyers during the game?

Or maybe he didn't?
The fact is his f***ing goalie was on the bench in a tied game when he was already eliminated. This is a fact. The thread says "speculation" on it. But we know what the facts are.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Exactly. A game that directly effects his team he isn't getting to the second updates? Philadelphia was watching our game as much as we were watching theirs. How did the Wings know the caps scored immediately? Torts is full of shit.
It wasn’t within the second that I expect that relayed. Like I said even a minute of relaying to be expected they likely didn’t know in the actual decision to order pulling the goalie in my opinion. I believe they knew with the goalie out given I was following both games. It happened in live time very fast.

It also depends Kane didn’t know and the bench did for us in terms of what was said. They find these things out but the game also doesn’t stop.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It wasn’t within the second. Like I said even a minute of relaying to be expected they likely didn’t know in the actual decision to order pulling the goalie in my opinion. I believe they knew with the goalie out given I was following both games. It happened in live time very fast.
What was the actual real-time between the Wings scoring and his goalie being out? It can be found out.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
You never know what is going to happen. It was the best chance they had what if what you heard was wrong or something got called back. If something weird happened he ensured best shot.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I was watching both, I'd say there was at least 2 and a half minutes between both events
Wow."But he didn't know" how the f*** don't you know you're eliminated in 2024 for 2 f***ing mins when everyone has a cellphone glued up their asses...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
However to make the argument being lobbed the time stamp is really on the person making that case. 2 minutes seems very long to me but maybe one feed was more delayed than the other for me.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
He needed to win in regulation regardless. Getting up to the minute updates would only be so that he could change his strategy to choose what other teams he wanted to help.

Altering his strategy seems like it would be shadier than going with the strategy he came in with.

And I still don't care either way. He can do what he wants

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
As soon as the Wings tied the game they were AUTOMATICALLY eliminated. They didn't NEED anything after Perron scored and he pulled the goalie AFTER this happened. So like I said if he still pulled the goalie knowingly he is a scumbag. Did you watch the video from TSN or just came in here and criticized the thread?

Are you familiar with the saying "control what you can control and let the rest be"?

Simply put, for Philly to make the playoffs they needed a regulation win. Yes they needed other things to happen but a regulation win was the only thing they can control.

Id imagine the mindset of that flyers was lets go control what we can control and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

From a game theory and dressing room motivation angle, it makes sense. That doesn't make it any less lame but from a philly perspective it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad