Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
The only 'punch' I can possibly see here is that Bennett has his stick up in his right hand, and as they come together, his arm may have whipped around by the force of the collision. Even so, it wasn't much, and Marchand's top heaviness (OK, nose heaviness) threw him into the base of the boards. It could be ribs, back, or shoulder.

Or maybe whiplash from the nose.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not a single Bruin on the bench even stood up to check on him let alone complain.

I admit maybe he did connect with his hand, but its impossible to blame injury on him. He played two full periods afterwards, and was throwing and giving out hits until they pulled him, could it have contributed to an injury, sure, but so do all the hits they give and take in the playoffs.

Bennett was the puck carrier, Marchand initiated the contact, and got the worst of it, these calls of premeditated, trying to punch him takes, don't hold much water to be honest.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Bruins fans are salty. How was that a punch? His hands are together.
It's clearly a punch lol, Bennett lets go of his stick and punches him straight in the face as he's skating towards him. But it's Marchand so no one cares.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No, no confusion. He was bracing for a check. As confirmed by the refs, and since no one went after Bennett, apparently the entire Boston team as well.
Right .............in front of their bench.
Nothing to see here folks......

It's clearly a punch lol, Bennett lets go of his stick and punches him straight in the face as he's skating towards him. But it's Marchand so no one cares.
The Bruins bench, would have reacted if that was the case.......there was no punch. There was a collision, that was initiated by Marshy.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Tbh I think Bennett uses his right hand to brace for impact because of his left hand injury that he just returned from. I think he catches him in the face with it but I don’t think that’s what did the most damage. Idk

Reactions: Mase

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
It happened, Marchand is freakin fine, he ran around trying to hit everything that moved for the rest of the game...which is exactly what The Panthers want you to do by the way...and they lost. The entire Hockey world knows how Bennett and Marchand play so can we please all stop acting like either one of them is Mother freakin Teresa out there. Oh, and with regard to how The Panthers play...

rugby-scotland.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68 and Chaos2k7

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Why would I be complaining? Bennett didn’t get anything for both because there’s nothing wrong with either play.
I give Bennett a pass here because Marchand basically skated into his fist. But it's far more obvious and deliberate to slam a person to the ice rock bottom style.

• Love
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Bennett was the puck carrier, Marchand initiated the contact, and got the worst of it, these calls of premeditated, trying to punch him takes, don't hold much water to be honest.
This. Somehow this needs to keep being repeated. Marchand took a late run at Bennett to try and set the tone for the game and found out. This entire “controversy” is Bruins fans coping that there is a team who plays “bruins hockey” better than they do

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The Bruins bench, would have reacted if that was the case.......there was no punch. There was a collision, that was initiated by Marshy.
As a life long Bruins hater, I promise you Bennett punched him in the face. I have no idea how you can't see it lol it's in plain sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad