Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I (in a probably unethical way) don't mind it at all because of the parties involved but that's 100% a punch.

Intentional punch? Don't know, really, probably not but these are pro athletes who can sometimes do spectacular things in split seconds and if he wanted to he probably could have.

Nobody's proving that, period. Still sure as hell looks like he punched him right in the head judging by the equal and opposite reactions from Marchand's head and Bennett's hand flying backwards for like no other reason.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can’t see directly the punch. But it’s Bennet. A former member of the dirtiest team ever assembled, the Treliving era Flames. So yeh he punched him.

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
That's a dangerous lean to the fist by Marchand.

Could be a sneaky dirty little punch, but it is Marchand, so anyway
host-jeremy-clarkson-oh-no-anyway-yg6funsau7ewef22.gif

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I watched several times last night and didn't see a punch. I had a hard time seeing any injury and assumed it must have come from fall into boards.

This morning, I do see a bit of a swing. Marchand does seem to motion to cradle his head while on ice on his side.

If he misses time, they're effed.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Marchand goes to check Bennett, who's just dished the puck. Bennett braces for the check and in that split second his right hand jerks forward and possibly hits Marchand in the side of the head (impossible to confirm from the vid).

Is it an intentional punch or a reflex? Given that Bennett's attention was on the puck, I doubt he had the time to do anything but brace for the hit. In real-time – not slo-mo video – this was a split second reaction with two bodies colliding and Marchand getting the worst of it. IMO it's unrealistic for Bennett to have time and positioning to deliberately throw a punch within that split second.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I think Marchand just got hurt.

It looks like nothing compared to what he himself dishes out. He looks beat up for some reason. Shoulder, back? He looks like he's got injury problems this playoffs and that little incident may have topped it off.

I'd say I hope he's ok but I don't care about him. Yet I do hope he's ok.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Any hit to Marchand is a clean hit if you define "clean hit" as the kind of hit Marchand has delivered to others without even getting a penalty. Concussion Gods targeted his shoulder after they saw all the padding on his big nose.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Marchand goes to check Bennett, who's just dished the puck. Bennett braces for the check and in that split second his right hand jerks forward and possibly hits Marchand in the side of the head (impossible to confirm from the vid).

Is it an intentional punch or a reflex? Given that Bennett's attention was on the puck, I doubt he had the time to do anything but brace for the hit. In real-time – not slo-mo video – this was a split second reaction with two bodies colliding and Marchand getting the worst of it. IMO it's unrealistic for Bennett to have time and positioning to deliberately throw a punch within that split second.
Besides it's not like he was out there targeting the best players on Boston we all know he's not that kind of player.

Joking aside, of course it was, but it doesn't really matter, that's just the game and certainly his game. Marchand finished that period and the next and was a wrecking ball himself at times. Could have just been a maintenance issue for him. Hopefully it doesn't linger and we get a good game 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad