Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Such a shame….

IMG_3560.jpeg

Anyways!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If it was a punch.

You'd think Marchand would have cried to his teammates about that and they would have gone after Bennett
Sounds like he did, but Montgomery told the team to not go after Bennett. Montgomery admits it was a mistake to not let his team go after Bennett.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Claude Lemieux was not a clean player at all. Lol. Wtf.

Sorry but if someone like Pronger or Claude took a cheap shot, they deserved it. So does Marchand. He has intentionally low bridged numerous guys, slew foot guys, it's awful. He deserves it. Move on. What you put out in life, you get back in spades. Welcome to life Brad.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You think Bennett didn't punch Marchand in the face on that play ? Would you argue that Bennett has not made countless dirty plays in the past with the intent to injure ? Has Bennett not started throwing punches at opposing players before the opponent has dropped his gloves ?

I don't like to strawman like a lot of posters, so I am asking you before I say anything further.
Yes, he has his moments when things get chippy, but you portray it as 100% dirty all the time. Your bias is showing.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I know who Bennett is, he’s a hard nosed physical hockey player. He’s plays with an edge.
I’m just pointing out the sensationalistic click bait headlines that are so prevalent nowadays.
Is spearing an injured player between the legs while they lay on the ice face down what you consider hard nosed? If so you an Bennett may be cut from the same unwashed cloth.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Is spearing an injured player between the legs while they lay on the ice face down what you consider hard nosed? If so you an Bennett may be cut from the same unwashed cloth.
I never said he was an angel.
So, is this where I should try to insinuate that you may be cut from sheer lace cloth?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's a dirty play but...You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Well the problem is when there's no discipline

Two things here: (1) Marchand initiates the contact. Sometimes when you f*** around, you find out. Whoops. (2) Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving ratguy.
Ya this is just idiotic. Initiating body contact means you can get punched in the head?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Looking again it would appear from the supplied video with no other angles I'v seen is that Bennett turned clockwise to have the point of contact between his left shoulder / arm and Marchand's upper ribs on his right side. He then fell into the boards on the same area so I would suspect he's maybe cracked one of his ribs or is severely bruised minimally.
Doesn't look dirty to me .. just a hit gone wrong for the initiator.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Did Marchand Get Punched Or Wrecked Clean?

Shrug - 4.gif

Either or, looks like it was a problem that worked itself out.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Many statements within thread can be true at same time
  • Takes time, effort, and use of critical thinking to wear other shoes.
  • Reflection without letting emotions/bias skew equation is a problem within sports >>>
  • Bennett is dirty player >>>
  • Marchand is no saint either >>>
  • Not a fan of either player >>>
  • But a dirty play against either one should not be excused >>>
  • Both these players can have wrong done to them, no matter their past >>>
  • If each action isn't treated on an individual bases >>>
  • Situation becomes what came first, the aggressive chicken or the defensive egg?
  • This is one of reason why I don't ragged on players like Kucherov, Crosby, or other stars who defend themselves like they do. Folks come down on players who get chippy (Especially successful star players, amazing how that works out isn't it?).
  • But..... If star players didn't do these things, dirty players like Bennett would eat them alive.
  • Every team/player has to answer fire with fire because this is the environment that's been allowed to exist.
  • Just use right -vs- wrong, and not the..... "Who" >>>
  • Or "Double Standards" bust into room screaming...... "I'M HERE!!!!!"
If humans just used "Right -vs- Wrong" when judging anything, instead of using the..... "Who" or past behaviors. We'd all be better off!!!! If society is going to move forward, society should stop bias, hate, and using past behaviors to make decisions today. No matter, preventing folks from falling into classic tribe-mentality-mindsets would be wise stagey. This thinking includes sport$ world.
The NHL and its fanbases now represent countries going to war....or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad