Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If you wish to quibble over the slight difference in meaning between release and let go, clearly all you are looking for is a chance to dunk on both teams.

You hate Bennett and Marchand, because of past experiences. At least stand by your original post, which was clearly incorrect.

But don't wish for injuries for players.

Bennett and/or Marchand both would be fan favorites in Toronto if they played there.
Actually it was you who started complaining that I said "he released his stick" instead of actually acknowledging the main point, which is Bennett took one hand off his stick and punched Marchand.

You just attempted to pick on that point because of your past history with me, you and I both know what you're doing and I just feel sorry for you tbh.

I did not wish for injuries on any players, not sure where you got that point from, but then again I'm not surprised you would try to suggest I insinuated that.

Truth is, you have a personal vendetta with myself and the team I root for and can't stand that I made a factual point that makes your favorite team look bad. It's a dirty play by Bennett, but I don't feel bad for a guy with as much history as Marchand. Have a goodnight brother.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Looks like Marchand was targeting Bennett’s bad arm. Really dirty play he should probably be suspended.

Its a charge as he leaves the ice and leads with his shoulder to either the arm or head. Again, if he isn't being himself he doesn't get injured. If he stays on the ice he doesn't turn himself into a 160 lbs FLYING into bennetts incoming punch(he did punch his helmet as seen by the visor moving. ) that leaves all impact at point of contact and adding Marchands mass with the follow through. Basically he hit himself with his mass and his own speed.

Like hitting a stanchion.

Learn how to check and don't get hurt. Kids these days.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Actually it was you who started complaining that I said "he released his stick" instead of actually acknowledging the main point, which is Bennett took one hand off his stick and punched Marchand.

You just attempted to pick on that point because of your past history with me, you and I both know what you're doing and I just feel sorry for you tbh.

I did not wish for injuries on any players, not sure where you got that point from, but then again I'm not surprised you would try to suggest I insinuated that.

Truth is, you have a personal vendetta with myself and the team I root for and can't stand that I made a factual point that makes your favorite team look bad. It's a dirty play by Bennett, but I don't feel bad for a guy with as much history as Marchand. Have a goodnight brother.
I quoted your first post in this thread, that IS what you said, I did use the word release instead of let go in my rebuttal, so I am sorry if that was confusing for you. But you are splitting hairs on the wording I used. You also claim it was a straight up punch to the face, when no angle clearly shows that at all, but you are assuming this as truth, as it fuels your confirmation bias on another Bennett situation against your team from a year ago.

It's clearly a punch lol, Bennett lets go of his stick and punches him straight in the face as he's skating towards him. But it's Marchand so no one cares.

You also said no cares anyways as it was Marchand that got hurt. Obviously some people do care if he was injured on the play.

Having said that, you also never addressed the fact that no one on the bench reacted, even though it happened right in front of the benches, no call was made, and DoPS doesn't agree with the fact it was an egregious play. Could it be a missed call? Sure. Could it be a mistake by DoPS, sure.

But, Marchand also played 40 minutes after the play in question. Where were the league mandated spotters? Where was the Bruins medical staff? Why no response at all from the Bruins? It is not nearly as cut and dry as you are trying to portray it.

Simply put you are not a fan of either of the players involved in this particular incident, as is your right. You can feel whatever way you want about it. You see it a certain way, I disagree.

As for the rest, I am sorry if you are personally offended by opposing points of view, but again that's because of your personal feelings about things that you perceive happened against your Leafs.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvroArrow

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Maybe not, I guess you have to wait till the play is over and sneak one in.

To be fair though, Jarry probably said something that hurt Marchand's feelings AND he stopped the puck from going in. So he obviously deserved an unsuspecting punch to the head way after the whistle with no physical provocation.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
Me and my blind group of friends all thought it was clean and the dirty player didn’t do anything wrong.

Also NHL officials and player safety are the best in all of sports and they only get things wrong once in a blue moon.

/s

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I'm watching the gif his arm comes forward
just before Marchand makes contact with his left arm.

8pr54v.gif
Ya but if you close your eyes Bennet didn’t do anything wrong!

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Yes, Karma comes for everyone. Marchand included if that's your point.
In the end someone bigger and badder, because there always is, will respond to Bennett's legacy of cheap shots, as well.(just google Sam Bennett cheap shots)

Add him to the ever expanding list of POS's in the NHL.

Applaud Marchand getting hurt as Karma, I get that, but this guy is not a good dude.
There a heavy clean hitters and then there are dirtbags like this guy that never learn until someone gets seriously hurt.

Last edited:

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
For me it’s hard to see exactly what happened and knowing exactly what kind of injury Marchand is dealing with might help. We won’t know that until the end of the playoffs for the bruins…if even then.

As for the reputations of who did it and who received it…

Karma. Both guys are slimy and have gotten away with things in the past that drive people crazy.

I don’t feel bad for Marchand and wouldn’t feel bad if the roles were totally reversed.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
To be fair though, Jarry probably said something that hurt Marchand's feelings AND he stopped the puck from going in. So he obviously deserved an unsuspecting punch to the head way after the whistle with no physical provocation.
"Brad you're bad and can't play or shoot"
"Ill teach you for saying my dad can't play the flute!" Blam suckerpunch! "I was only protecting my dads far away feelings"

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
For me it’s hard to see exactly what happened and knowing exactly what kind of injury Marchand is dealing with might help. We won’t know that until the end of the playoffs for the bruins…if even then.

As for the reputations of who did it and who received it…

Karma. Both guys are slimy and have gotten away with things in the past that drive people crazy.

I don’t feel bad for Marchand and wouldn’t feel bad if the roles were totally reversed.
Concussion Protocol, missing 2 games min.
It's more how disingenuous the league is about player safety. For all players, all teams.
I'm not making it a personal fanboy issue. As a lifelong B's fan, >50years, I've shaken my head and yelled WTF at Marchand many times.
These guys all have lives outside of their occupation. The game is fast and dangerous as is.
If you want to get cheap shots and head injuries out of the game, be consistent. That all I ask.
Just makes for a better product.

Reactions: BB79

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If it was a punch.

You'd think Marchand would have cried to his teammates about that and they would have gone after Bennett
The bench did not react...............interesting.

I think everyone knows, poor Bradley, is just misunderstood.
Some say he is the most fined and suspended player in the history of the league, and surely he couldn't have brought that all on by himself?

No the hockey world much prefers to listen bruins fans constant bitching and whining
A 100 year tradition

crab

Jan 26, 2019
As a Caps fan it’s obviously frustrating when Wilson gets hit by a dirty hit, etc but from his past you can’t expect to come to the general forum and whine about it. For Bruins fans whining in this thread, you need to suck it up or stay on your Bruins forum.

Marchand is a dirty rat who has seriously injured other players. This play is 1/100th as bad as his flying elbow to Johansson face. The “punch” to the face is well deserved and hopefully more is coming his way.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
As a Caps fan it’s obviously frustrating when Wilson gets hit by a dirty hit, etc but from his past you can’t expect to come to the general forum and whine about it. For Bruins fans whining in this thread, you need to suck it up or stay on your Bruins forum.

Marchand is a dirty rat who has seriously injured other players. This play is 1/100th as bad as his flying elbow to Johansson face. The “punch” to the face is well deserved and hopefully more is coming his way.
You’re acting like Marchand hasn’t been punished (including for the hit you referenced). Of course he has a dirty history, he’s also been punished at length.

The double standard that dirty plays against Marchand are somehow excusable is hilarious.

Reactions: swiftwin

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
His fist definitely made contact with Marchands face.
That appears to be correct.

Now, take your right hand, hold a stick at the top and throw a punch literally ACROSS your chest and see what power that generates. It was more akin to a football stiff arm than a thrown punch.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Marchand is one of the dirtiest players in the game, he being sucker punched would be a small return on his many investments. There was no punch, just a clean hockey play. Don't know what all the whining is about.
Marchand definitely has a laundry list, but Bennett is also a dirty player with many examples so I don't get why everyone's so keen on giving him a pass. I'm fine with looking at each play individually any assessing what happened no matter who is involved, but I guess most people are too emotional for that.

That appears to be correct.

Now, take your right hand, hold a stick at the top and throw a punch literally ACROSS your chest and see what power that generates. It was more akin to a football stiff arm than a thrown punch.
Except the force of you moving one way and the force of another person moving the other way impacts it.

It's like a head on collision with both going 15 miles an hour is worse than a rear end collision when one is going 45 and the other 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad