Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Marchy has injured several players with dirty hits, that's why no one cares.

Yeah I know. Eye for an eye and all, a famously good system at all loved for its fairness.

When marchand injured other players i just baseline thought that was bad, i didn't have to go through a flowchart to decide if actually maybe they were bad people before deciding if it was bad, because i have principles.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I see Marchand hitting center chest causing his right side/arm to keep moving forward.
Yea that's what you want to see, but in reality his arm is extending while there is space between them and it's clearly visible in that gif. Willful ignorance I guess. Enjoy the bliss.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Here's a question that I don't think anyone has stopped hyperventilating long enough to ask,
if they have then I missed it(sry):

Has anyone asked Marchand what he thinks happened?

And no, I don't give a s**t what Montgomery says, he's going to defend his player/team(as he should).

Genuinely, anybody heard anything from him?

Reactions: Cats711 and Viqsi

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Probably need a better angle. It's usually difficult to give Bennett the benefit of the doubt too with his history.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Yeah I know. Eye for an eye and all, a famously good system at all loved for its fairness.

When marchand injured other players i just baseline thought that was bad, i didn't have to go through a flowchart to decide if actually maybe they were bad people before deciding if it was bad, because i have principles.

It’s easier to fight for principles than live up to them.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bruins should use the same tactics in game 4. Fire w/fire.
They said that for game 3, I am sure it gets chippy at the end of games, but no one is going to risk a game on some stupid shit while the end result is still in question, at least the Panthers won't.

Running around trying to get revenge only exacerbates the issues for Boston.

Reactions: Mase

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Dude’s bearing down on you as you ice the puck and you have the presence of mind to go for a sneaky head punch whilst absorbing a check? Impressive athleticism to pull that off.

Sam Bennett is an NHL centre and one of the toughest fighters in the league - I’m sure he has the athleticism to make it happen.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Here's a question that I don't think anyone has stopped hyperventilating long enough to ask,
if they have then I missed it(sry):

Has anyone asked Marchand what he thinks happened?

And no, I don't give a s**t what Montgomery says, he's going to defend his player/team(as he should).

Genuinely, anybody heard anything from him?

He’s injured…it would be inappropriate to ask him at this point.

Second, he most certainly wouldn’t give a truthful answer to beat reporters anyway

Reactions: BB79

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
He’s injured…it would be inappropriate to ask him at this point.

Second, he most certainly wouldn’t give a truthful answer to beat reporters anyway

Uhhhh, what?

You're probably absolutely right about the 2nd part, but the 1st part....
the-joker-heath-ledger.gif

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If a sneaky dirty play on a famously sneaky dirty player in the second round of the playoffs is too much to handle, there’s a basketball game on right now that might be more your speed.
If you can't detect sarcasm you can always get off the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Dislike the Bruins and Marchand a lot, it’s a dirty play by a dirty player who’s done the exact same thing before and knows what he’s doing. (Pretty strange you can’t refer to past incident imo, but digress)

If the league won’t do anything about it, the Bruins should take matters into their own hands
Don't think it matters. Florida thrives on that type of agitation and probably have the edge when the going gets rough and tumble.

People realize the slow motion replay was not in real time right? He dumped the puck, saw Marchand and braced for the hit in less than a half second.
Scrape him up and LET'S GO

Whats that story about the goose and the gander again?

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Don't think it matters. Florida thrives on that type of agitation and probably have the edge when the going gets rough and tumble.
That's true. But it's also possible that teams simply haven't really pushed far enough against Florida. I don't see how Florida benefits from having one of their star players injured and removed from the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad