Rumor: Dhaliwal- The return for Guentzel starts with Lekkerimaki or Willander. Pens/Canucks

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Dahiliwal just mentioned that Pens wants either Willander or Lekkerimaki from the Canuks as the main piece for a return of Guentzel.

Too rich for a pure rental imo for the Canucks. Guentzel is also supposedly asking north of 8mil for his new contract. I dont think i want to invest that in a winger as good as JG is.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Obviously that’s the ask. But if the Pens are on the outside looking in at the deadline and can’t re-sign him, they’ll take whatever is the best offer.

The offer will be less than what Penguins fans think, but more than what other teams think.

Guentzel is probably the best forward piece we’ve seen moved at a deadline in years.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Penguins have no reason to sell until they’re completely out of the playoff picture.

That might be the eventual Deal Breaker as Rutherford and Allvin are known to do their trades weeks before the TDL to avoid the bidding war .

Canucks are going to be adding their big addition in Jan/Feb and understandably the Pens aren't ready yet.

Reactions: mrzeigler

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think those two players are being mentioned under the assumption that Vancouver would have a realistic opportunity to resign Guentzel (if they do not already have an extension in place). If they don't or it's questionable, I don't think you're getting either.

Lekkermiaki package though, yes please. That is the kind of piece the Penguins need in their system along with Yager.

I think if he's on the table too, the Penguins would even entertain taking back a less than desirable contract like Kuzmenko.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Dhaliwal clarified that what he said was when you want top players (Guentzel), the other team (Pittsburgh) will want your top prospects. The question is then - who are the Canucks’ top prospects? Does Hunter Brzustewicz count?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad