Rumor: Dhaliwal- Keeps hearing Habs want Boeser. Claims that Habs have wanted Boeser for a long time, previously offered Romanov.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I don't care about Dakota Joshua points. You can focus on this but do you really think we lower our asking price on Anderson cause fans brought up Joshua? Come on man. Keep telling us how Anderson sucks. It doesn't matter cause he's our property and we are glad to have him. We will consider a trade if we get our pry away value. Ridicule us all you want. We know what we got and he's liked in our dressing room. Anderson is not being shopped like Boeser is. You may disagree but then that means you are getting fooled on what fans/media are saying vs what our actual Management has said.

And no, we are not desperate for Boeser. If you want to trade for low value to unload him, maybe we offer you Armia and a 3rd rounder. Doesn't measure up to your asking price? Sure, leave us alone then. We made our offer and we are not going to go higher. It's the same if someone offers something low on Anderson. Thank you but we decline. Have a nice day. Once there is no deal, it makes no sense to trash the player... that is stupid

I think there is more energy being spend on other fans devaluing Anderson than there is with Habs fans devaluing Boeser.

It's funny you say Armia and a 3rd because I think Armia and a 2nd round pick is a fair offer for Boeser and one that makes sense for both teams. All that bickering back and forth and we finally found some common ground.

Canucks don't want Anderson at all, no team is going to want that contract for free. We take Armia and hope he bounces back with a fresh start and recoup a 2nd round pick. We use that freed up cap space to help sign Kuzmenko.

Montreal pays a small price for a big upside player in Boeser while only gaining $3.3M in cap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tyler Myers for Josh Anderson makes more sense than Brock Boeser does.

To the Canucks yeah but not to the Habs. Anderson is valued on our roster and the only way we are considering to trade him is if we get future pry away value.

We are not trading Anderson in a 1/1 player trade like Boeser or Myers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's funny you say Armia and a 3rd because I think Armia and a 2nd round pick is a fair offer for Boeser and one that makes sense for both teams. All that bickering back and forth and we finally found some common ground.

Canucks don't want Anderson at all, no team is going to want that contract for free. We take Armia and hope he bounces back with a fresh start and recoup a 2nd round pick. We use that freed up cap space to help sign Kuzmenko.

Montreal pays a small price for a big upside player in Boeser while only gaining $3.3M in cap.

I don't know where the Anderson talk started in this thread but I want nothing to do with it at this point. Can we agree to stop devaluing both Anderson and Boeser? That's a stupid game. If there is no trade, there is no trade, move on from it.

Armia and a 3rd is as high as I go. Maybe I add a B prospect like Kapanen. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Boeser but Habs would likely want to save our cap so we can retain or use cap space to our advantage at the deadline. I'd consider moving a 3rd rounder but not a 2nd. Nothing to do with how I like or dislike Boeser. You can hit with a 2nd rounder and I rather keep that for our rebuild.

Boeser doesn't help the Habs future. It's a body for transition years in the end and even if he broke out with the Habs with his term left, he likely walks as a UFA when it expires.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
OK but ask yourself.

What actual value does a player like Anderson have for the canucks who need to actually rebuild? He is beyond worthless for the route that team needs to go down.

Boeser might actually be beneficial to Montreal if he were to go there. but Anderson to Vancouver would be one of the more pointless moves that team could make. Anderson is the bottom 6 presence a playoff bubble/pretender team needs to make. Not a team like vancouver

You have good points.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver fans aren’t insisting anything, they are going by reporters who do this for a living.
No. They’re going on one rumour from over 2 years ago involving 2 other GM’s and two teams in totally different places. And that one rumour is coming from one Vancouver based reporter. It hasn’t been reported by any other reputable media. Beyond that. My Lou t was Vancouver fans are getting ridiculously defensive when almost every Montreal fan says they’d rather keep Anderson over Boeser

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
OK but ask yourself.

What actual value does a player like Anderson have for the canucks who need to actually rebuild? He is beyond worthless for the route that team needs to go down.

Boeser might actually be beneficial to Montreal if he were to go there. but Anderson to Vancouver would be one of the more pointless moves that team could make. Anderson is the bottom 6 presence a playoff bubble/pretender team needs to make. Not a team like vancouver
Boeser MIGHT be useful. Or he might be Hoffman 2.0. The point is Anderson IS useful to Montreal. A Boeser for Anderson swap doesn’t do anything gir Montreal

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Vancouver fans aren’t insisting anything, they are going by reporters who do this for a living.
Are they the same reporters that claim that the Oilers are interested in Edmundson and half the league is interested in Anderson? Just wondering.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
OK but ask yourself.

And the Habs are rebuilding so why would they want Boeser who doesn't help our team and is slow and soft as shit?
At least Anderson brings speed and toughness. You keep Boeser and the Habs will happily keep Anderson.

Tyler Myers for Josh Anderson makes more sense than Brock Boeser does.
Not a chance. Habs easily keep Anderson.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
And the Habs are rebuilding so why would they want Boeser who doesn't help our team and is slow and soft as shit?
At least Anderson brings speed and toughness. You keep Boeser and the Habs will happily keep Anderson.

Not a chance. Habs easily keep Anderson.

Habs are rebuilding and have trouble scoring goals... so why would they want a 25 year old top six forward who's been a 20 goal, 50-60 point guy his whole career.

I wonder why...

Critical thinking isn't really common here on HF.

I'd want Myers over Anderson.
100%

Myers suck but at least his contract is shorter - just on that basis that's a no brainer.

I rather have the #4/5RD than a #3RW for the same price.

Reactions: Cogburn

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Boeser for Hoffman? Who says no.

Vancouver creates $2.15mm per in found cap space and gets out of Hoffman’s contract a year sooner than Boeser’s deal expires.

Habs get a reclamation project they hope rediscovers his scoring touch while hopefully staying healthy and available.

Change of scenery and swap of bad contracts hockey trade?

Either player has LTIR potential too.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Boeser for Hoffman? Who says no.

Vancouver creates $2.15mm per in found cap space and gets out of Hoffman’s contract a year sooner than Boeser’s deal expires.

Habs get a reclamation project they hope rediscovers his scoring touch while hopefully staying healthy and available.

Change of scenery and swap of bad contracts hockey trade?

Either player has LTIR potential too.
This barely works cap wise for Montreal. For that reason alone I think they decline. Unless Vancouver retains salary or adds for Boeser’s extra year and substantially higher cap.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This barely works cap wise for Montreal. For that reason alone I think they decline. Unless Vancouver retains salary or adds for Boeser’s extra year and substantially higher cap.
So in your mind, it’s Montreal that says no to Boeser for Hoffman straight up.

Let’s see what Vancouver fans say.

This is an illustrative exercise.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
So in your mind, it’s Montreal that says no.

Let’s see what Vancouver fans say.

This is an illustrative exercise.
It’s not that I think Hoffman is better. He’s clearly not. But he fits a rebuild better. He’s bad, he’s $2m cheaper and his contract is a year shorter

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
That is so depressing to hear as a habs fan. Please don't. Hit the jackpot with dach for romanov. stop it.

Blue Chip Prospect

Feb 9, 2019
Montreal
We got Dach for Romanov !! No way I’d take Boeser instead.

I’ll pass for Boeser. Good player but can’t count on him to be part of your team for a full season. The guy is made out of glass.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
you rarely see a thread with so much consensus. everyone on the canucks and habs agrees that the players on their team that they do not want are better than the players on the other team that the other team fans do not want.

kind of sums up the trade board, really.

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
keep myers until the offseason unless you can get something without taking a bad contract back.

Feb 19, 2018
Are they the same reporters that claim that the Oilers are interested in Edmundson and half the league is interested in Anderson? Just
keep myers until the offseason unless you can get something without taking a bad contract back.
After his signing bonus is paid he is only owed 1 million in actual dollars. Very tradable contact and you could get assets in return, it’s all about patience.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
you rarely see a thread with so much consensus. everyone on the canucks and habs agrees that the players on their team that they do not want are better than the players on the other team that the other team fans do not want.

kind of sums up the trade board, really.
Maybe you should try reading it a little more carefully.
Most Habs are not saying our player is better . What we are saying is he suits our needs more and we are rebuilding. So if we trade we should be trading for Prospects/picks.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Maybe you should try reading it a little more carefully.
Most Habs are not saying our player is better . What we are saying is he suits our needs more and we are rebuilding. So if we trade we should be trading for Prospects/picks.

well no, you are saying that, but habs fans in this thread have proposed or discussed boeser trades for drouin, dadanov, armia, monahan, gallagher, dvorak, hoffman and anderson.

so "most" habs fans are apparently wide open to a hockey trade for boeser here. they are just dickering.

plus there are other habs fans saying they can't take on boeser because they want to go sign dubois who is only one year younger than boeser.

so i am kinda not buying the most habs fans are focussed on a rebuild and picks.

so "maybe" 67 and counting should speak for himself and let other habs fans speak for themselves.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad