DFT's Top 30 Mock Draft Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Well, here it is, the long-awaited sequel to DFT's top 14 spectacular. Well, here she goes:

1)Washington Capitals: Alexander Ovechkin

2)Pittsburgh Penguins: Evgeni Malkin

3)Chicago Blackhawks: Cam Barker

4)Columbus Blue Jackets trade down to Atlanta(I don't know what, but it's a prediction); Atlanta Thrashers: Rostislav Olesz

5)Phoenix Coyotes: Lauri Tukonen

6)New York Rangers: Andrew Ladd

7)Florida Panthers: Robbie Schremp

8)Carolina Hurricanes: Alexander Radulov

9)Anaheim Mighty Ducks: A.J. Thelen

10)Columbus Blue Jackets: Wes O'Neill

11)Los Angeles Kings: Marek Schwarz

12)Minnesota Wild: Drew Stafford

13)Buffalo Sabres trade down to New York Islanders(same deal with first trade); New York Islanders: Alexandre Picard

14)Edmonton Oilers: Alvaro Montoya

15)Nashville Predators: Kyle Chipchura

16)Buffalo Sabres: Mike Green

17)St.Louis Blues: Boris Valabik

18)Montreal Canadiens: Andrej Meszaros

19)Calgary Flames trade down to Tampa Bay Lighting(same deal with other trades); Tampa Bay Lighting: Ladislav Smid

20)Dallas Stars: Dave Bolland

21)Colorado Avalanche: Adam Berti

22)New Jersey Devils: Enver Lisin

23)Ottawa Senators: Roman Voloshenko

24)New York Rangers(via Toronto Maple Leafs): Kiril Lyamin

25)Edmonton Oilers(via Philadelphia Flyers): Jakub Sindel

26)Vancouver Canucks: Oscar Hedman

27)Washington Captials(via Boston Bruins): Sami Lepisto

28)San Jose Sharks: Carl Soderberg

29)Washington Capitals(via Detroit Red Wings): Johannes Salmonsson

30)Calgary Flames: Evan McGrath

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Chicago may be looking to trade a couple spots down and take Radulov, who wants to play with his brother.

Also, Salomonsson looks 10 spots too low. Overall, good job though!

:)

Safir*

I'm not sure, what the Thrashers need to trade up. Our first that's for sure, but what's next Slater, Stefan???

X0ssbar

Would Atlanta give up Stefan you think?

Columbus is pretty deep at center w/ Cassels, Marchant, Svitov, Fritsche and Malhotra but the trend w/ this team lately is to go w/ youth and lots of it - I have a feeling Maclean might pull the trigger on that trade if they could dump either Cassels or Marchant. Throw a 2nd in there for this year or the next and its a done deal.

O'neal at 10 isn't a bad pick - I think Maclean and the scouts like Smid as well but 10 may be to high for him. If Thelen fell to 10, Columbus would snatch him up.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Top Shelf said:
Would Atlanta give up Stefan you think?

Columbus is pretty deep at center w/ Cassels, Marchant, Svitov, Fritsche and Malhotra but the trend w/ this team lately is to go w/ youth and lots of it - I have a feeling Maclean might pull the trigger on that trade if they could dump either Cassels or Marchant. Throw a 2nd in there for this year or the next and its a done deal.

O'neal at 10 isn't a bad pick - I think Maclean and the scouts like Smid as well but 10 may be to high for him. If Thelen fell to 10, Columbus would snatch him up.

No--Stefan is not going anywhere.

I doubt this trade happens unless CBJs take a prospect or a 3rd round (or lower pick). I do not think that DW covets Olesz that much.

Now for Barker, I think DW might consider moving better assets--but not Stefan.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
dunwoody_joe said:
No--Stefan is not going anywhere.

I doubt this trade happens unless CBJs take a prospect or a 3rd round (or lower pick). I do not think that DW covets Olesz that much.

Now for Barker, I think DW might consider moving better assets--but not Stefan.

This isn't 1999, you know. Stefan isn't considered pretty valuble, anymore. The difference between Rostislav Olesz and Wes O'Neill or Drew Stafford is quite a bit, and definetely worth as much as/more than Patrik Stefan.

Divine Wind

icarus said:
You could be right about the Flames trading down... they don't have a 2nd or a 3rd.

I think hell would have to freeze over first, but I would trade EDM's 1st round pick from PHI + a 2nd for CAL's 19th overall if it was of interest. It seems like it would work for both sides. The Oilers could make a serious push to move up in the draft with the 14th & 19th overall picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad