Cut/Released: Dez Bryant

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
As much as it hurts his ego, the reality is the league clearly doesn't see him as an elite talent any longer. He'll get a job next season, but he's probably going to have to wait for an offseason workout injury or some early cuts in training camp to open up a spot.

I think the receiver will end up like the RB. Maybe not as bad but if you aren't elite and consistent..you are expendable once you slow down.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Market must be thin for him if Browns are contender for his services

If Dez signs with Browns it is pure $$$ move as they are far from contending

This is getting over reported. These comments all came from someone in the media asking them if they had considered signing Dez. Dorsey said, "Sure, we considered it." It was a polite answer to the question asked.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope Dez got a job with the Browns and then decided it's time to go in on the Cowboys. If not, he might cost himself a deal.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I hope Dez got a job with the Browns and then decided it's time to go in on the Cowboys. If not, he might cost himself a deal.

Well he turned down a multi year offer from the Ravens. He's just not very bright.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Scheme doesn't explain the drops or the inability to get separation. I'd say part of the problem with the scheme is how they kept forcing the ball to him despite it not generating meaningful return.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Scheme doesn't explain the drops or the inability to get separation. I'd say part of the problem with the scheme is how they kept forcing the ball to him despite it not generating meaningful return.

It's not just scheme, it's personnel. The Cowboys suffer from a severe lack of productive athleticism at the skill positions. Dez was one of these players last year. Just couldn't get open.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's not just scheme, it's personnel. The Cowboys suffer from a severe lack of productive athleticism at the skill positions. Dez was one of these players last year. Just couldn't get open.
And... I need to tread lightly here because he’s a legend of sorts ... they also had Witten playing every down to the point of refusing to come out for any snaps, which was a problem because Witten had become a limited player compared to his former self.

I don’t disagree about the offense being stale, but there were some contributing factors including a slowed Dez demanding the ball and a slowed a Witten refusing to come off the field. Not to excuse poor coaching, but he was also in a spot with a limited playbook.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
And... I need to tread lightly here because he’s a legend of sorts ... they also had Witten playing every down to the point of refusing to come out for any snaps, which was a problem because Witten had become a limited player compared to his former self.

I don’t disagree about the offense being stale, but there were some contributing factors including a slowed Dez demanding the ball and a slowed a Witten refusing to come off the field. Not to excuse poor coaching, but he was also in a spot with a limited playbook.

Witten may have slowed down but he was still far and away the cowboys best tight end even when he was injured. This isn't to say Witten was a top 5 or even top ten tight end last year but every other tight end on Dallas's roster was/is just that bad. Dallas may very well have the worst pass catchers in the league this year and last year even with Dez, they weren't much better.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
One of the other 2 guys is Brandon Marshall. I'm thinking the third is probably Michael Floyd since he was in training camp and they liked him but Braxton Miller could be in play too.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Is New Orleans looking for a big contributor or a part time fill in who might be inactive more often than not?

Cause I wouldn’t want to bring Dez in and deal with him if he’s not playing a lot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is New Orleans looking for a big contributor or a part time fill in who might be inactive more often than not?

Cause I wouldn’t want to bring Dez in and deal with him if he’s not playing a lot.

Sean Payton will just hit in him the face with a baseball bat if he acts up.

A red zone target is something I'm sure they'd like to address though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

They just don't have any depth at WR. Tre'quan Smith is the current #2 WR and he's a rookie. Austin Carr is the #3 and he has so little game experience he might as well be a rookie. Ginn is on IR until it sounds like week 13. Meredith is looking like a free agent bust at least for this year. I never liked that signing from the start, there were too many question marks with his injury.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

This seems like a huge mistake by the Saints if they bring Dez in.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
This seems like a huge mistake by the Saints if they bring Dez in.

Dez isn't a bad guy. He has anger issues because he's been screwed over by just about everybody he's ever gotten close to. But he's never been in a good locker room. I think he'd probably be OK as far as not causing problems. He's washed up as hell though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00