GDT: Devils vs. Sharks - 10:30 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I thought Smith looked much more comfortable skating tonight. He was making forecheckers miss by cut back against the grain and he was walking the blue line in the offensive zone; he wasn’t/couldn’t do those things earlier this year.

Smith hasn’t been great but I’ll give him a few more games to get his legs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
AND we didn't even lose to Johnny Mac!

I wonder how many teams have actually lost to John MacLean head coached teams? That's a good trivia question.

And please don't say ''A lot of teams lost to him as head coach, because he was really the head coach when Lou was head coach in name only''. Both of Lou's head coaching gigs were pretty much the first two incarnations of the N. Bench. They just didn't come with that fun alias.

The Rangers are one team that comes to mind that have never lost to Johnny Mac. I don't think we beat them that year until after he was fired. I don't think the Islanders have lost to him either. The Flyers we did beat. Oddly enough, I think we beat the Capitals with him and the Flames too. Who we have a TERRIBLE record against historically. We have our lowest winning percentage against them than any other team in the league. Recently, Winnipeg lost to him. I don't even think we beat Atlanta when he was coaching. Buffalo lost to him a few nights back and they also lost to him twice when he was with us. That was probably the only team we beat twice that year while he was actually the head coach.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
AND we didn't even lose to Johnny Mac!

I wonder how many teams have actually lost to John MacLean head coached teams? That's a good trivia question.

And please don't say ''A lot of teams lost to him as head coach, because he was really the head coach when Lou was head coach in name only''. Both of Lou's head coaching gigs were pretty much the first two incarnations of the N. Bench. They just didn't come with that fun alias.

The Rangers are one team that comes to mind that have never lost to Johnny Mac. I don't think we beat them that year until after he was fired. I don't think the Islanders have lost to him either. Recently, Winnipeg lost to him. I don't even think we beat Atlanta when he was coaching. Buffalo lost to him a few nights back and they also lost to him twice when he was with us. That was probably the only team we beat twice that year while he was actually the head coach.

Weren’t we 10-29-2 when we gave him boot in 2010? Some of those wins though could’ve been the same team, only win I remember distinctly was Kovy’s OT winner in Buffalo lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
3/33 if my math checks out
Ugh

I'm happy to be wrong on us having a better chance at scoring a power play goal than a shootout goal.

We've almost matched our power play goal output in the shootout in about 26 fewer tries?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're due for a regulation loss. :)
Was about to reply saying the same thing.

They won't be undefeated in regulation all season. Carolina wasn't, they just lost to Florida tonight for their first loss of the year.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Weren’t we 10-29-2 when we gave him boot in 2010? Some of those wins though could’ve been the same team, only win I remember distinctly was Kovy’s OT winner in Buffalo lol

I thought it was like 9-24-something, it was right around Christmas wasn’t it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I remember another Kovalchuk OT winner against Edmonton, which I think was on a power play.

We had a random stretch where we won like 3 of 4 with MacLean, where Hedberg was in net for all 4 because Marty was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad