Pre-Game Talk: Devils vs Rangers at MSG game 3 1/19/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Finally getting a win after over 10 months should have the boys gripping the stick a little less, I think we're gonna have a good one. Also Laf should be playing opposite people closer to his age, can see him having a good game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Strome stays on pp1 tho right DQ?
It’s crazy that he’s still running this. The PP last year was good in spite of the 4 RH set up, not because of it.

Swap Strome with Buch and now you have a one timer option/one touch pass option from both circles.

PP is 1-12 right now with the only goal coming when Buch was on PP1 in place of Strome. Strome also hasn’t looked good at all so it really shouldn’t be a problem. DQ going “well look at how good that unit was last year” as his reasoning for keeping it together is also not great. Rosters change, players performance levels change. Strome looks like ass, Buch looks great AND the current unit is not working at all. He was quick to switch all his lines and to switch PP2 but won’t touch PP1 when they haven’t been able to do anything at all this year except for the one time Buch was out there? Come on.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Finally getting a win after over 10 months should have the boys gripping the stick a little less, I think we're gonna have a good one. Also Laf should be playing opposite people closer to his age, can see him having a good game.
Also they'll see a lot more open ice against the Devils than they did against the Isles. Likely will see a few players flap their wings a bit more this game.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-new-jersey-devils.gif

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The idea that "they can't make any changes, it worked last game" is pretty logically flawed. Coach to beat the team in front of you, not the team in your rear view mirror.

If you have a box that has a 80% chance of having a $100 bill inside, and a box that has a 20% chance of having a $100 bill inside, are you really going to pick the 20% box again just because you got lucky on the last selection?

I feel like this is one of those things that has more to do with superstition and not wanting to be wrong than actually properly analyzing the situation. I don't see how to reasonably argue that the team has a better chance of winning without DeAngelo, other than "it worked last time" which isn't convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad