GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So are we just conveniently ignoring last season and the first 15 games of this season with this Hynes is as bad as MacLean ********? Or do we just have incredibly short memories?

He definitely isn't Jmac bad but something is certainly a miss.

Guys aren't giving honest efforts. The PP is insanely predictable.

Maybe he just got lucky as a rookie coach last year?

Not being able to score on a 5 on 3 is coaching.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He definitely isn't Jmac bad but something is certainly a miss.

Guys aren't giving honest efforts. The PP is insanely predictable.

Maybe he just got lucky as a rookie coach last year?

Not being able to score on a 5 on 3 is coaching.

He did well for almost 100 games and everybody seemed to be buying in, and just suddenly the players quit on him? Seems to me the problem may be with the players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So are we just conveniently ignoring last season and the first 15 games of this season with this Hynes is as bad as MacLean ********? Or do we just have incredibly short memories?

We still had an awful possession system last year, which I wrote off as being because we had a very poor lineup. But we at least played respectable defensively.

I will give him the first 15 games of this year, where we had quite a few games where we looked like a good possession team.

But I still don't think he's a very good, even if he isn't a bad one. He's just a guy as far as I'm concerned and I don't ever wanna have to read ''He's making us a better team than we otherwise would be'' unless you truly believe this is the worst team in the history of hockey, because as it is, we're close enough to the bottom of this division and conference.

And as I've said, Cory's weak goaltending this year might be making Hynes look worse than he is, but I could easily argue that Cory's goaltending last year is really what made Hynes look better than he is.

I'm still not for firing him, but I have no use for this guy until he can coach some semblance of two way hockey. Last year's hockey would be considered two way hockey compared to this pile of garbage that we've served up the last 6 weeks.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Helgeson needs to come out, he makes Quincey look like Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

Gazdic hasn't been that bad, I just don't think he's needed. Would rather see Lappin in there.

I don't think Gazdic hurts the team like Helgeson though. You can shelter a bad forward much more than a poor defensemen. Helgeson is a liability when you can only ice 6 defensemen,

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just checked the score. Can't say I regret going to see Rogue One instead of watching this. My sympathies to those who did tune in.
Cory kept it from being a really lopsided game, maybe another 7 goal game like when the Pens played the Rangers earlier in the week or like what happened to them last night by the CBJ.

I can't say it was the worst game in a while, just because of who the opponent was. But it was certainly more of the same. And more of the same or giving them a pass because of the tough opponent is definitely something that we should be far past by now.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Cory kept it from being a really lopsided game, maybe another 7 goal game like when the Pens played the Rangers earlier in the week or like what happened to them last night by the CBJ.

I can't say it was the worst game in a while, just because of who the opponent was. But it was certainly more of the same. And more of the same or giving them a pass because of the tough opponent is definitely something that we should be far past by now.

Sounds terrible. Really glad I didn't bother watching, and I definitely agree with your final sentence. Team doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Shero has to know by now who the culprits are in that locker room that are quitters or just don't have their head in the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big trade in the offseason

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's getting ****in ridiculous at this point, it's every other game at the least, if not even more frequently. It happens over and over again.

I feel like I've seen tonight's game 4 or 5 times just in the last two weeks alone. This was pretty much the first St Louis game, the last time we played Nashville. Identical scores too, outside of maybe an empty netter. It was pretty much the second game against St Louis too, outside of the blown lead and the fact that we scored two goals. It wasn't too far off from the first Rangers game or the Montreal game either.

Even if it was not quite as awful as the Montreal game and Pittsburgh is a much better team than Montreal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He did well for almost 100 games and everybody seemed to be buying in, and just suddenly the players quit on him? Seems to me the problem may be with the players.

They were still 30th in the league in offense with a top 3 goaltender in net. Also literally I could get 100% out of players like Gio. Guy has no talent, but he will work his ass for anyone because he knows he may never get another shot.

This is looking like a rookie coach who can't hack it. Let's not pretend like we were a playoff team last year with him. Hynes has zero success to bank good will on. Coaching Scranton to a decent record means **** in the NHL.

Also doesn't change that their Xs and Os are beyond predictable with zero adjustment. That is 100% on coaching

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Shero has to know by now who the culprits are in that locker room that are quitters or just don't have their head in the game.

Every single superstar will quit in these league if they don't respect the coach.

I don't care if it is Crosby or McDavid. If the coach doesn't control his locker room, players are going to tune him out. These guys get paid tons of money every year to babysit these guys.

His PP scheme is predictable, and the majority of his team won't play hard for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't tell if Hynes is a good head coach or not at the NHL level, but I can say that he's really not doing anything to make this team better than they are. I'm confident of that.

So unless you think we should be 20 points behind the second to worst team in the league, I'm not sure how anyone can say "Well if it weren't for Hynes, we'd be even worse than this. He's keeping us competitive". We don't look competitive at all in any of these games.

Outside of the Vancouver game, most recent Rangers game and Thursday night's Flyers game, we haven't looked competitive all month. Well maybe the Ottawa game we did. We were only outshot 31-30 but still managed to allow over 30 shots. 31 is like a small victory these days and is probably considered good.

And this commentary team seems to want us to believe that we should be about 20 points behind the second to last place team. Finding positives in the effort in games like this. And it being a positive and good penalty killing that we could stay pinned in for 75 and take a beating before finally allowing a goal.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
It took ray shero to speak out to get his team motivated. Less than 24 hours later they were back to the same team as before.

If shero is 100pct behind Hynes than its time to trade an important player. Because this product is poor really poor.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I can't tell if Hynes is a good head coach or not at the NHL level, but I can say that he's really not doing anything to make this team better than they are. I'm confident of that.

So unless you think we should be 20 points behind the second to worst team in the league, I'm not sure how anyone can say "Well if it weren't for Hynes, we'd be even worse than this. He's keeping us competitive". We don't look competitive at all in any of these games.

Outside of the Vancouver game, most recent Rangers game and Thursday night's Flyers game, we haven't looked competitive all month. Well maybe the Ottawa game we did. We were only outshot 31-30 but still managed to allow over 30 shots. 31 is like a small victory these days and is probably considered good.

And this commentary team seems to want us to believe that we should be about 20 points behind the second to last place team. Finding positives in the effort in games like this. And it being a positive and good penalty killing that we could stay pinned in for 75 and take a beating before finally allowing a goal.

You have too many players that are perfectly happy losing games. These interviews are a joke. Once again it's the core guys. They have been losers for years.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
And shero isn't off hook either. The. Guys he has brought in stink.

Ben love joy is terrible and we have him for 3 years. Bennett doesn't produce. Gives. A nice effort but whatever. Kyle quincy isn't any good. Aivituuu is in the minors. Kalinin has 1 goal. Fiddler has been ok I guess but just ok. Shero has not done crap

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

Ben love joy is terrible and we have him for 3 years. Bennett doesn't produce. Gives. A nice effort but whatever. Kyle quincy isn't any good. Aivituuu is in the minors. Kalinin has 1 goal. Fiddler has been ok I guess but just ok. Shero has not done crap

Yea, he didn't trade for Hall or Palms.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

It's going to happen before then if Shero's serious about blaming the room before blaming Hynes. It has to, either way (if Hynes gets fired or people get traded) you can't let this go on without one or the other and have the kids remain in a toxic environment.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Yea, he didn't trade for Hall or Palms.

Palmeri was a good trade. Hall is a great player but we gave up a great player so I'm calling him a genius on that one. It's what it is. Both teams had a need and they fulfilled it. So far it's working out better for Edmonton. Next year may look like a steal for us who know

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Nice scrap from Wood last night. You can see Hynes walks over to him as he's leaving the ice to give him a fist bump.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

LJ needs to be traded or waived by season's end.
He has been beyond worse than expected.
An absolutely terrible hockey player.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I would be surprised to see a big trade from now through April.

Though, I expect a few splashes this offseason.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I like how you conveniently the 2 biggest acquisitions he has made :laugh:

talk about being selective in your argument.

I just would like to know what you guys would have liked Shero to have done. He stepped into a MESS. Direct your anger towards Lou.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

They didn't really play that bad, just were outclassed by the Penguins.

They battled pretty well, they were pretty good defensively for the most part. It's just the Penguins attack in waves and their defense does a great job at getting the puck out of their zone quick and going up the ice. It's not like you can really trust Moore-Lovejoy and Merrill - Helgeson when the Penguins are in your zone either.

In order to beat the Penguins, the Devils need sustained offensive pressure or you're playing with fire defensively with the Penguins. We held them off pretty well, but they're eventually going to score on you.

I like how you conveniently the 2 biggest acquisitions he has made :laugh:

talk about being selective in your argument.

I just would like to know what you guys would have liked Shero to have done. He stepped into a MESS. Direct your anger towards Lou.

Lovejoy is the furthest thing from the problem with this team too :laugh:. Pair him with Greene (or similar defender) on a second pairing or put him on the third pairing and you're never going to complain about Lovejoy. Play him on the first pairing with Greene or on the second pairing with Moore/Merrill/Auvitu and he's not going to look good.

The rest of the guys people complain about (Quincey) are just one year stopgaps, irrelevant for the future of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad