GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kuokkanen registered his first shot as a Devil in 5 games in the last few minutes of this game. Success!

Reactions: Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
4urxmo.jpg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Meh we weren't gonna look good every game, that was a rough one. Many vets still look terrible. Johnsson and Goose have been garbage, Severson had a rough night, Palms hasn't figured his shit out, etc. etc. And my god the special teams. 5 on 5 I thought we were okay, a little outmatched here and there but they're also the better team, but man have our special teams been an anchor.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
That was a shit loss. And way too many established players sucked tonight.

our pk is just pure ass

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Got away with lots of guys sucking ass the first 3 games, wasn’t going to fly against this team

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Young players don’t understand how hard it is to create real offense against such a good defensive team. Somebody needs to explain to BASTIAN and Wood they need to get in the goalie’s face and bump him and wait for the NYI to start something and drop the gloves. NYI will make NJ pay the price and tonight they weren’t ready.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Old guys probably have a huge adjustment to their habits if they’ve been in the league for years but my god they all look terrible

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have no issue with the 4th line making mistakes. They are young guys. It's going to happen and they still put in an honest effort.

These old guys just looking like wet shit is a different matter. Zacha, Goose, Palms, Johnsson. Just total dog shit.

No one really played well tonight though.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Oh yea, the Tennyson experiment needs to just finally die off. 20% xG tonight, worst on the team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can’t be to upset.

1) Blackwood goes out about an hour before the game.

2) The only time they worked on special teams was a couple days at the end of camp.

3) The Devils are missing key dudes.

4) Young team just played a bigger rival, they are probably burnt..

If two is true that explains a lot lol

Yeah I was expecting tonight's result after Blackwood fell down a trap door ninety minutes before the game, especially since the Isles always kick our ass lately but this special teams play just is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad