GDT: Devils vs. Blues - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think he’s doing this because he’s not really an .852% goaltender. Just like he’s not a .920% goaltender anymore either.

He’s probably a .900% goalie. Which still isn’t good enough and shouldn’t be enough to save his spot for next year.

For his sake I hope it’s good enough to get him a one year deal to back up for someone else next year.

Iagree with Eddy. He’s doing this to spite you.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Iagree with Eddy. He’s doing this to spite you.

At least you understand who our true starter is.

564975FA-755F-491E-9B90-92883473E842.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Yeah they overall played well tonight, but they have had a lot of games where they played awful and goaltending saved them.
When the Blues completely dominated in St Louis they were trying to end a five game losing streak and played with a ton of intensity. They were determined to take advantage of a weak matchup and stop the bleeding that night.

I assume tonight the Blues didn’t take a bad team they bent over two weeks earlier very seriously and never could get going after they realized they could actually lose.

I’m still super impressed with tonight’s effort, this team worked hard tonight with a ton of energy and heart. There was a big crowd, if it’s wasn’t a sellout then it was the closest we’ve gotten to one in months, and it really energized the team. Also, there’s few things players seem to love more than seeing someone get their first NHL goal, it always a nice moment of joyful camaraderie. It should be real fun when McLeod finally pots one because I’m sure the guys are really rooting for him.

The best part of this night was the overall positive energy, they looked genuinely happy playing together in front of these fans. It makes you realize these aren’t meaningless games for a lot of these young players.

(Note: I get maudlin when I drink.)

Last edited:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Good game by Mueller too. He and Subban both as a pair.

Yeah....

well... Yeah.

Okay... I mean,...there WAS that ONE shift where he took a penalty, flipped out at the ref, got back onto the ice, snapped his stick and then ripped someone's helmet off for no apparent reason.

Once he works those out of his game he'll be fine though.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Was at the movies tonight, what a pleasant surprise this win was.

I saw alerts midway through that Merman(!), Carrick(!?) and then Rooney from Hayden(!?!?!?) had scored, was there a goal called back from Rooney? I wasn’t sure why I got that alert and then saw it was 3-2 after the Blues scored.

Reactions: JK3

Camille the Eel

It is if we try this again next year.

This can’t be the goalie tandem again to start next year.

We (Shero) tried that, it failed and Shero lost his job over it.
It’s killed us 3 years in a row. Love Cory as a person and a player. Happy to see him playing well lately. But we’ve seen this movie before. He ended last season looking like this too. His training camp was great, we were calling him # 1. He can go south again as quickly as he did in the first game this year. That’s been his pattern now for 3 full seasons. But there’s time enough to deal with next year when next year comes.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
That bratt kid. Wow. 6th round. I'm trying to think of a more impressive deek made by a devil's fwd in the past 15 years. I mean, Coleman has had some wonderful hustle moments... But the fanciness quotient...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad